Branson 3620

/ Branson 3620 #1  

jaboy1219

Tractor
None at the moment
I’m looking at tractors and I’m stuck between 3 red ones. Branson 3620, Mahindra 1635 & Massey Ferguson 1835M. They are all shuttle shift and all are closely priced with a loader, rotary cutter, grapple and 3rd function. Any Branson owners have any input? The Branson dealer has been the friendliest of the 3 and I have a good feeling about the genuineness. Not saying the others aren’t.

/ Branson 3620 #2  
Of the three listed my order would be Branson, Massey then Mahindra. Branson wins for me because it is a simple machine with no computer. I am very happy with mine.

/ Branson 3620 #3  
Agreed, The simplicity of the Branson would move it to the top for me. It may not have the neat electronically controlled features of the others, but those features lose their neatness in a hurry, and then some, when they stop working. The simplified emission controls on the Branson alone makes it worth while. All three are decent tractors though.

/ Branson 3620 #4  
You should compare the weight and the lifting capacity of the tractors if the simplicity of the emission system doesn’t sway you. My 3520h was a no brained for me.

/ Branson 3620 #5  
I love my 20 series so far. Only 20 hours on it but it has been great. Branson sold me with the simplicity of the emissions. It is also a very well built tractor in my opinion. It compared very favorably or better in most specifications compared to the other tractors I looked at. especially FEL lifting weight.

/ Branson 3620
I love my 20 series so far. Only 20 hours on it but it has been great. Branson sold me with the simplicity of the emissions. It is also a very well built tractor in my opinion. It compared very favorably or better in most specifications compared to the other tractors I looked at. especially FEL lifting weight.

Truth is, I told the M-F dealer that I was going to buy the 1835M, but I am doing all of the follow up with the dealer wondering when everything was going to come in and I asked repeatedly to keep me in the loop. I told him that if it was going to be more than a few weeks, I wanted the tractor so I could do some other work. It’s been 19 days… I called yesterday and got a deer in the headlights answer. He said he was going to have to check (waiting on a third function valve) and let me know. I told him to text, email or call. I haven’t heard back from him. I hate feeling like I’m begging for someone to take my money…

In the meantime the Branson dealer has been following up and thanking me for the opportunity to show their tractor.

/ Branson 3620 #7  
My branson dealer was one of the better / nicest ones I ran across in my search. Some of them were so bad, I could not understand their philosophy. Like you said it seems like you have to beg them to take your money. One kubota dealer had a guarantee sale from me for a mower (20k) and he never returned my calls. So I moved on . . .

/ Branson 3620 #8  
I second the others regarding simplicity, plus the Branson has a 4 ranges and everything is fully synchronized, the shuttle shift, the range gears and the main gears.

/ Branson 3620 #9  
   / Branson 3620 #10  
I second the others regarding simplicity, plus the Branson has a 4 ranges and everything is fully synchronized, the shuttle shift, the range gears and the main gears.
Mr ptsg is one of the most informative, accurate, and knowledgeable, members of this forum. So I mean no disrespect just a simple correction. I have a 2021 Branson 5520R and the main gears are definitely synchronized. The range gears unfortunately are not. Regardless it is a very smooth shifting tractor. And, yes the big plus of Branson over most of the other brands is the simplicity of the fuel delivery and emissions system. No ECM, you willl never get a check engine light or go into limp mode.