Branson 3620

/ Branson 3620 #11  
I sure thought the range was synchronized on the new H pattern style transmission. I test drove one and was able to shift up a range and back down without stopping and no grinding. It fell nicely in each range.

/ Branson 3620 #12  
Mr ptsg is one of the most informative, accurate, and knowledgeable, members of this forum. So I mean no disrespect just a simple correction. I have a 2021 Branson 5520R and the main gears are definitely synchronized. The range gears unfortunately are not. Regardless it is a very smooth shifting tractor. And, yes the big plus of Branson over most of the other brands is the simplicity of the fuel delivery and emissions system. No ECM, you willl never get a check engine light or go into limp mode.
No disrespect taken, at all. Thank you for the correction.

I thought for sure it was synchronized, however, we don't have any of these newer Branson tractors with the 4 range transmission on this side of the pond yet and we still don't have any of those Ag fairs to check the tractors out either, so my previous post is mostly based on online info.

/ Branson 3620 #13  
Been a while since I had looked but Branson updated their site with the new line. They are saying fully synchronized but do not specifically mention the range as such. What I know, the range selection on the new H pattern is way easier to shift than my 3 range. Shifting the one I test drove was very smooth compared to mine.

/ Branson 3620 #14  
Been a while since I had looked but Branson updated their site with the new line. They are saying fully synchronized but do not specifically mention the range as such. What I know, the range selection on the new H pattern is way easier to shift than my 3 range. Shifting the one I test drove was very smooth compared to mine.
I am new to Branson so I have no experience with the previous models range selector. The new H pattern is very smooth but if you are rolling it will grind. It would be extremely convenient if they could synchronize the range selector. I am not a tractor engineer. I wonder if there is room to setup gearbox with sliders and syncro's. Space possibly a limiting factor? Sorry gone off topic a bit.

/ Branson 3620 #15  
I am not sure. I only tested the one and for what ever reason it did not grind and went right in while moving. The only thing I can think of is everything was just right for my test and I only tried up One range and down one range.

I don't see it as a issue because I can not think of a time I would want to change range on the move. I don't even change gears on the go. I just put in the gear I need and let it go. I can see where this would be useful if roading a lot.

I do appreciate how much easier it is to change the range than mine is. Mine has gotten better with time but to start off it was stiff.