Getting a new portable fuel tank.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #21  
Mine is from here

purchased it years ago direct from factory. Holds 55 gal. I built the stand using wood pallet that i cut down and strapped tank to. This portion separates from roller portion to load into truck.

the roller portion is simply some cross braced 2x6 that i sheated for solid face and added 4 rollers. I have forklift attachment on my tractor.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #22  
With the new WM75 having a 20 gallon fuel tank and using more fuel per hour than the Boomer 8N that I was using for mowing, I needed a better solution than 5 gallon cans to fill it up. I bought a 3/4 ton military trailer with the idea of putting a 100 gallon tank and pump system in it. That way I just take it to the gas station, fill it up, bring it home, and fuel all the equipment from it. After pricing all of the components I settled on a complete system I can just drop in the trailer. Waiting on Amazon to deliver a John Dow 58 gallon fuel system.

I will put a battery in the trailer with a solar charger. I can put in some tie-down points to strap the tank down with ratchet straps. Hopefully it will be simple enough to operate my wife can fill her tractor or the ZTR if needed. I already have a 13 gallon gravity feed gas tank that I will mount at the back to fill up the Mule.

Pictures to come after I get it together.
OMG -- $820 ??? I use a 35 gal tank intended for pesticides and refitted with fuel tolerant gaskets for my "get away from 5 gal cans" solution. Totes fine in a pickup, etc. The 35 gal cost just under $100 at TSC but you can get those tanks in much larger sizes for one H of lot less than $820 !!!

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #23  
I pump Diesel fuel with a 12V GPI fuel transfer pump & filter setup, connected to group 27 deep cycle battery which gets recharged once a year.

Been using the same battery over five years without any problems.
Sensible. I drive my 12v transfer pump with a battery charger. Works like a charm. Not a permanent installation but -- hey I'm not permanent either...

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #24  
Minimum delivery here is 150 gallons so I made up a frame to hold 50 gal tank and use the forks to put it in and out of the PU trunk.

Gets filled about twice a year. Biggest expense was the 12v pump....about $125. I use one of those portable 12v booster packs to power it.
My 12v pump was under $50 as I recall. Check Amazon if anyone wants one. It pumps who knows what volume per minute but it is so fast I've never given it a thought. Hoses etc added probably $10 to that.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #25  
I buy 80-100 new 12v group 26 batteries every year for my generator service. I grab one that has some life left but owner wants a new one to be safe jobs, and use it on my gas pump. Never a shortage of batteries. Heres a picture from a few weeks back. Reminds me, i need to order some more.

Attachments

• 3541935A-83C1-4DB0-B4AE-DA86E93AB81F.jpeg
    3541935A-83C1-4DB0-B4AE-DA86E93AB81F.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 157
I thin you have to be one of 3 people in North America with that stash of handy batteries... Ha !

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #26  
I still use 5 gallon cans for some stuff but I never lift one above my waste. Sometimes I use one of those little pumps that use D cell batteries. Both HF and Walmart sells them for 10 bucks. Add a piece of 1/2" tygon and it will pump as high as you can reach.
What are you planting your waste in a place like that for ? Waist maybe... Ha! Ha! just pulling your chain...

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #27  
What i did. I dont bother with a solar charger as i only need to recharge battery once a year. I mounted mine to pallet so i could load and unload onto pickup to refill. Rollers in shop. Mine holds 55 gallons of diesel. Has own 12vdc pump and 10’ hose With auto stop nozzle. Also 10gpm. My back is so happy not having to heft 5 gallon cans

Attachments

• fuel 1.jpg
    fuel 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 753

Attachments

• fule 2.jpg
    fule 2.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 431
Can you post a link or send me a link to this one you have? Thanks!

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #28  
What are you planting your waste in a place like that for ? Waist maybe... Ha! Ha! just pulling your chain...
Waist.

Damn phone auto correct.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Getting a new portable fuel tank. #29  
Got my pump and nozzle off eBay for $65. Came with hoses and pickup screen. Not a auto shutoff nozzle but it fills fast enough I don't mind watching.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Getting a new portable fuel tank. #30  
The 12v pump I use was $48 off Amazon and pumps 12 gal/ minute. No auto shutoff. Nice rocker switch for on/off. Handy/portable as I use it a couple of different places. Plug in the wall by using a batt charger or a 12v batt if one is handy.