How to blade gravel without 3-point float?

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float?
Several good points made. Thank you.
I did draw the gravel back in from the edges with the blade. I think I now need to switch back to the box-blade.
With the box-blade, the toplink was set to keep it level. With the blade, I may have it too short causing it to cut.
I will try adjusting it on the blade first, then switch back to the box and report back.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #12  
The 3-point height is so touchy that it drops or jumps with the 3-point speed turned full turtle.
That adjustment controls how fast the 3ph drops, not raises under pressure. If you have it set to too slow, it could make it so the 3ph doesnt float fast enough, or even at all.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #13  
Agreed, 3pt should be adjusted to full Jack Rabbit not turtle.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #14  
I never use float. Grade a good bit. I use float only on a four bottom break plow with trippers just so I don't have to fool with the trips.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #15  
Always start the run with the box blade as full as possible, stops it from gouging. Keep the 3pt control lever down, and it will follow the contours. If you put it in "neutral" it will stop the box blade from rising/lowering and potentially digging in to the driveway every time you go over a bump. If the blade digs in and stops the tractor, just back up a few inches and lengthen the top link. Small increments until it gets dialed in. The box blade's forte is removing potholes so they don't return. If just dressing the top, a reversed rear blade may work better.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #16  
I don't have a BB, but a chain instead of a top link makes all the difference with a landscape rake. The only downward force is the weight of the tool itself. The chain lets it rise freely instead of digging/gouging.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #17  
Hi have never heard of a 3 point without float. They all float. They have no down force other than the weight of the implement - definifion of float. You are dropping the lever all the way?
Doughknob, Today, for sure, there are no 3 points except with float only. Years ago, some of the garden tractors had down pressure. What they found out was as the down pressure was exerted, the traction on the rear wheels was diminished and then the garden tractor couldn't pull the fully engaged implement. The solution, of course, was heavier implements - either more steel or adding concrete blocks, etc.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #18  
I never use float. Grade a good bit. I use float only on a four bottom break plow with trippers just so I don't have to fool with the trips.
If you use a 3 PH you are using float. As has been said mutiple times, there is no hydraulic down pressure, only weight.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #19  
Those little Masseys don't have draft? Draft takes care of washboarding. Also, I personally prefer a Landplane type blade for grading driveways. They limit how much the blade digs and have a large profile which is desirable when grading. I have 2 boxblades that I hardly ever use unless I need to transfer material from one place to the other.

/ How to blade gravel without 3-point float? #20  
For spreading new gravel on a conditioned lane/drive/road etc...I reverse my back blade and shorten the TL...