Kioti

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti
Fyi, you can edit your own posts. :)

I am in the research phase and both Kubota and Kioti...and LS are on the radar. In my case, the Kubota dealer is 33 miles closer, so that is a factor. What size range tractor are you wanting? For me, 25-50 HP...probably land on the high side of that. If I can figure out how to share my spreadsheet...I have about 5 tractors each for JD, CaseIH, Kioti, LS, Kubota, TYM and Branson. Trying to compare apples to apples. Only knock on Kioti, for me, is they don't publish MSRP. That makes me work a lot harder to compare.

Here’s my take on Kubota vs Kioti - they are Both orange!

But seriously; I just upgraded from a Kubota L3400 to a Kioti DK5010. Both are standard transmission. My motivation for a new tractor was loader capacity. The closest Kubota is an L4701 - its loader could just pick what I desired, but it was right on the edge. Other features that gave the nod to Kioti were availability of extendable lower link arms, telescoping stabilizers, a 3pt lift control at the rear of the tractor. All in - with the aforementioned goodies and a 3rd function valve - the Kioti came in $7,000 cheaper than the Kubota.

My impression of the machines is that $ for $ the Kioti offers superior features. Kubota has the edge in hydraulic speed and smoothness, but falls short in brute strength. The Kioti dealer seems great - but Corporate support level is yet to be determined. Kubota gave me nothing to complain about during my 10yr ownership.

Do the exercise of determining what you are really going to using it for: bush hogging, loader work, snowplowing, skidding firewood, field plowing, haying, etc.

Watch YouTube videos: Niel from Messicks, Ask tractor Mike, Tractor time with Tim.

Pay attention to frame size not Horse Power - there are overlaps in HP at the top and bottom of frame sizes.

Good luck, have fun - feel free to

/ Kioti #13  
I rejected Kubota from my shortlist very early because of the pedal arrangement. Of the rest, Kioti won out in the end and I am very happy.

/ Kioti
Thank you ,I'm leaning Kioti now because the loader capacity i will be using the loader more than anything

/ Kioti
Thank you for your reply, I'm now leaning towards Kioti because I will be using the loader more than anything

/ Kioti #16  
P.S. I am impressed with Kiotis overall quality.

/ Kioti #17  
Check out the CK series - I don’t know what the loader capacity is - but the smaller frame size makes it noticeably more nimble - although a little tippier if you have a hilly property.

/ Kioti #18  
I rejected Kubota from my shortlist very early because of the pedal arrangement. Of the rest, Kioti won out in the end and I am very happy.
I am curious. What is it about the pedal arrangement that you didn't like and is atypical for similar tractors? Thanks!

/ Kioti #19  
   / Kioti #20  
Thank you for your reply, I'm now leaning towards Kioti because I will be using the loader more than anything

Are you just shopping brands? Do you have a tractor size, weight or HP considerations?

If you’re set on Kioti, please look at Bobcat too. The Bobcat is a rebadged Kioti (with a proprietary loader) and it may be cheaper than a comparable Kioti.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.