how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
hoping to get my water line run to my wellhead before the ground freezes more than an inch or three ... I have a ck2610 on its way, with backhoe and FEL (so ~~4000lbs), industrial tire tread. Its arriving 1st of November, so in my area it's be close, temperature wise, for the days to fully melt the ground.

soil is ~medium; somewhat sandy, but with enough clay content to harden up quite a bit (and until i have these pipes laid ... i won't have the well water to soften it up; chicken -> meet egg).

I need to get the water pipe to close to 36" (more would be great). My tractor is obviously on the smaller end. I can take multiple passes (only have a few hundred feet to lay.

How deep should I bank on going; in particular will i be able to use the full depth of a 36" blade, with the (albeit small) added drag of the pipe laying bracket? Is a longer subsoiler available / any chance of going deeper with my weight/traction?

Thanks!

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #4  
you need to trench that deep. subsoil pulling pipe is for stuff more like 6 to 12 inches deep.

anything deeper and you need a vibratory plow

36 hp, weights about what your tractor weighs and vibrates, and has a max depth of 24 inches in good soil. around here a pro-sneak is lucky to be able to reach 18 inches.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610
Rent a trencher.
yep, this is an option; although its a bit of a pain, and I plan on buying the subsoiler anyway as next year i'll be running irrigation pipe, as well as a bunch of UF.

I've never used a subsoiler, and haven't done much of anything since ~20 years ago on my dad's tractor... so hoping for advice on how deep i'll actually be able to use this (very slick & easy if it works) method.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610
36 hp, weights about what your tractor weighs and vibrates, and has a max depth of 24 inches in good soil. around here a pro-sneak is lucky to be able to reach 18 inches.
good info, if that's even partically accurate (I am sure it is), there is absolutely no way this will work. Trencher it will probably be :)

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #7  
yep, this is an option; although its a bit of a pain, and I plan on buying the subsoiler anyway as next year i'll be running irrigation pipe, as well as a bunch of UF.

I've never used a subsoiler, and haven't done much of anything since ~20 years ago on my dad's tractor... so hoping for advice on how deep i'll actually be able to use this (very slick & easy if it works) method.
Look in your used listings, three point and hydraulic one come up sometimes, and usually really cheap as they are common one-time use implements.

A three point pto one came up here about 3 weeks ago for $500.

Subsoilers I typically associate with breaking ground not really for trenching. However there is a pipe layer variant that you do both at the same time.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #8  
The backhoe would do it but not likely to dig a trench that deep with that size tractor and a sub soiler.

/ how deep can I run a subsoiler (for running pipe) with ck2610 #9  
This work?

Attachments

• TILEPLOW-1.jpg
    TILEPLOW-1.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 146