Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #121  
I can tell you a guy in north Alabama who used to be a dealer. He ran into problems with them and stop selling them. His business is TAC Enterprises in Moulton, Al. His name is Ken Nelson. He might could you give you some insight on that company and how to deal with your problem.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #122  
sometimes it amazes me how people think a dealer will just swap out the tractor for a new one. try that on your automobile. wont happen.

i would place the blame on the dealership for not getting to it right away. when my dk45 had issues a few weeks after i got it, the dealers mechanic dropped what he was doing and drove out to my place and repaired it. i had it repaired same day it happened. i didnt expect a new tractor.
Brother bought brand new high end SUV and it was in for repairs and the wife was none to happy and kept harping to my brother…

I wrote a letter outlining the situation and remedy… refund or replace.

Manufacturer offered to replace but no more 2005 models left and asked he would accept a new 2006 in exchange for his 6,900 mile 2005 and followed through…

By the way I now own the 2006 as it was gifted to me in 2017…

All done without arbitration or legal action…

The 2005 MSRP 90k

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #123  
See y’all, it was a simple assembly issue, and can easily be rectified. Good lord man, if you sell it now to start over with a gamble on a Mahindra…. You’ll end up thinking the universe is out to get you. Don’t do it.
Easily rectified is ok.
Easily and quickly rectified is expected

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #124  
Everyone has their favorite flavor and every flavor has its own problems. But many brands also have good tractors out in the field where no one stops to complain online. Others have said to buy the dealer, not the brand and I think that is good advice.
After the dust settles, I would consider whether you want to work with this dealership in the future and let that be your guide. I agree that you will take a beating on price if you trade now and there is no guarantee that the next new one will be bug-free. I also understand that at some point, it is time for a change. Good luck and glad they found me. (see name)

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #125  
Just out of curiosity how long did it take for the dealer to find and fix the problem? In the first post it was mentioned it had been days. That was Friday and today it is resolved on Monday. I would say that is not bad considering the times we are in.

I do understand the frustration and the additional expenses but the same issue could happen with any brand of any piece of equipment. Unfortunate things happen sometimes and at least there was a definitive solution. Anyway, good luck with whatever decision you make.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #126  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
I'm really sorry you are running into these issues. I'm a new tractor owner and have had my KIOTI CK3510 HST for a year now, and while I've made some new tractor owner mistakes, everything has been very reasonable with my dealer up here in Northern Kentucky. I get that COVID-19 might be to blame for the wait times and inability for dealer to look at it but how they appear to be treating you sounds downright criminal. Your dealer should be working with you. I have to agree with some of the other comments on documenting this case, and letting the dealer know you expect resolution. These machines cost too much for someone to take a hands off approach especially with a brand new tractor. Good luck, and yes, Kioti would refer you back to the Dealer since this is the dealer's liability, which then becomes Kioti's where machine fault is found, which is why we have warranties on these machines. Best of luck with your job and getting your situation taken care of. /Jeff

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #127  
In the drive should never, be a last case scenario. Nothing good, gonna come of that.
Maybe but it happens... or maybe it only happens here...

Some make the news like the disabled person with a new specially equipped van that had to be towed in several times... not good when driver is in a wheelchair...

He set up outside the dealership with large sign stating how many days out of service with a big lemon on top...

As soon as it hit the evening news it went to Corp World Headquarters and resolved...

A lot depends not what you do but how you do it and generating sympathy for your plight...

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #128  
Got to the dealer today. They did get KIOTI involved and ended up finding a short in the harness. I talked to a service manager at a different dealer and they mentioned it seems to be getting much worse QC lately since the dealers are short on inventory they're rushing units. Either way I'm out hundreds in rentals to get the job done I bought this tractor for and therefor going to sell it and get a Kubota or mahindra etc that I trust more.
And now that the bug is worked out, you are gonna try your luck again? Pretty foolish, IMO. What this really seems like (and I suspected from the start, since you didn't have the thing but a few days(?) before riling everyone up about 'how bad Kioti is') is that you didn't *really* want the Kioti and only bought the tractor 'cause it was available when you needed one.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #129  
Easily rectified is ok.
Easily and quickly rectified is expected
Except for the weekend, it was apparently a few day according to the original post.. Though it *was* the second trip.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #130  
Well from my perspective, the Kioti dealer and Kioti Corporate advisor did a great job getting this new Kioti up and running. However, dealer preparation should have identified the electrical harness issue before delivery. I always like to see 3 or 4 hours on the machine before delivery. Typically that implies those hours of run time were for dealer preparation.

I seriously doubt the fuel delivery rail needed replacement on the tractor. They are rated at 6000 hours before failure.