Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help #42  
Here we go, this is what I have laminated in my shed
tapping drill sizes.jpg

/ Bolt Size Help #44  
I apologize,GM trucks are M14x1.50.
Sorry for the error!
Don't count 14 out.
Im not counting it out. But when it comes to nuts and bolts and general hardware, 14 is less common.

But, pretty easy to tell the difference between them as I have already stated. Just waiting on the OP to give us some feedback or do some of the things suggested already. I think he is waiting on someone who has a M6060 to figure out exactly what it is for him so he can simply get online and order bolts

/ Bolt Size Help
If they are the same as my M7060, I'm thinking they are 14x1.5. If I think of it I'll check to be sure but it might not be until the weekend. Menards had them.
they should be it 's on the same frame, Thank You

/ Bolt Size Help
There is a wealth of information i am getting on here, and i understand some of the frustration also. I am away from the machine at the moment until next week for work so i was trying to get the right size to be ready to go when i get back to it. as i said my last try-s didn't produce any fitting bolts i had on the farm. and the one's i ordered did not fit after an overnight delivery....but i/we will find it and i will let you guys know what it is when we do. also as for the tap and die questions and the question of is the hole threaded. yes i do own a tap and die set..at the farm. yes the holes are threaded. thanks

/ Bolt Size Help #48  
There is a wealth of information i am getting on here, and i understand some of the frustration also. I am away from the machine at the moment until next week for work so i was trying to get the right size to be ready to go when i get back to it. as i said my last try-s didn't produce any fitting bolts i had on the farm. and the one's i ordered did not fit after an overnight delivery....but i/we will find it and i will let you guys know what it is when we do. also as for the tap and die questions and the question of is the hole threaded. yes i do own a tap and die set..at the farm. yes the holes are threaded. thanks

Wow! You got a lot of advice. Let me pile on. Be careful of length since it is a blind hole in casting so adjust your length for best fit without bottoming out. Using a tap to find the size is helpful because it also let you clean the internal threads from paint and rust. Wire brush or make your own thread cleaning bolt. I have used several tapped holes to attach extra equipment and it also seems to be the size I don’t have on hand. Slow but steady wins the race.

/ Bolt Size Help #49  
It's situations like this that drove me to get the full set of these:

Perhaps not as cheap as buying individual fasteners, but a lot more convient to have the full variety on hand and all hooked together.

(may be possible to find them cheaper elsewhere, but Bolt Depot tends to be one of my first stops for buying fasteners - and these were one of the more comprehensive sets I found).

BTW from my (very limited) understanding JIS fasteners use the standardized metric threading, but have smaller than standard heads.

/ Bolt Size Help #50  
I like the idea of screwing in a wood peg or even a whittled twig to get the correct thread pitch. BTW for the OP....metric thread pitch is the distance between each thread. A 1.5 pitch is 1.5 mm between each thread. Also, the tap drill size is the bolt diameter minus the pitch....so a 14x1.5 tap drill is 12.5 mm.