Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help #61  
Hello, I am trying to find the correct size bolts to fit my M6060 I am attaching a picture I found showing the bolts holes I am looking for. I have tries several sizes both metric and SAE but to no avail. And I have looked at the diagrams at Messicks and they are not shown. Anybody Know what size these are metric standard fine thread pitch etc. I need bolts to fit up in the two holes in front of this bracket someone else built in the picture. Thanks
With a basic caliper, you can measure, then compare to a bolt ID chart or document. This is an excellent resource: https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/printable-tools/Printable-Fastener-Tools.pdf or Fastener Size Tables | MechaniCalc. I had to replace some sheared bolts on my Mahindra 3616 front axle hub. It turns out they are a metric fine thread that I was able to identify by measuring the bolt diameter and number of threads per inch. Also consider bolt strength as shown here: Hex cap screw strength comparison | Fasteners, bolts, screws and more from Atlantic Fasteners. And finally consider tightening torque Bolt Depot - US Recommended Bolt Torque Table and Bolt Depot - Recommended Torque for Metric Bolts

/ Bolt Size Help #62  
I usually resort to my tap & die set to find a bolt or hole size & pitch. Try different taps to see if you can get one that threads in. A tap works better than a bolt for this since it will clean paint and debris from the threads. Use care so you don't cross thread.

If all else fails, you can always drill & tap the holes for a larger bolt size.
I found a safer way is to use a "thread restore kit" that resembles a tap and die, but is not designed to "cut" threads, but to clean out and "roll" buggered up threads.

Saved my bacon bits a few times. Posting a link to Amazon for convenience only, not endorsing them or the vendor.

/ Bolt Size Help #63  
You're thinking of JIC. Joint Industries Council 37° flare angle. And further investigation suggests that while JIS standards dictate for ferrous and non-ferrous materials, fastener threading standards are absent.

Nope.

I know what JIC is. I have dealt with hydraulics for a few decades now.

Someone earlier mentioned that it could be JIS threads in them holes. And the only time I have heard JIS and threads referenced together is when dealing with pipe/tubing fittings. Though have never used them in person. Quick google search seems to point to a BSPP thread but with a 30 degree seat. Dunno, but in my comment I definitely meant to say JIS

/ Bolt Size Help #64  
I lost a Zerk (grease fitting) from my Kubota front end loader. Tried metric threads with no success. Ordered the Zerk from the Kubota dealer, and fit just fine. I'm guessing it was JIS threads. I'd never heard of that thread before and am glad I didn't try forcing metric. OP ought to just call Kubota dealer, send 'em a picture of where the bolts go for which he seeks, and order them.

/ Bolt Size Help #65  
Our local TSC has a wide selection of nuts and that's how I found the correct size for a nut I have having a hard time finding. I used a thread pitch tool and ordered the nuts from Amazon. They didn't fit.. thought I was going crazy, went into TSC and found/bought the same nuts I had already ordered, M10 x 1.25. Turns out they shipped the wrong nuts (M10 x 1.5). Here's the tool: Grip Thread Pitch Gauge MM & SAE Markings - Hand Tool Sets - Amazon.com

/ Bolt Size Help #67  
Can you pull out the bolt that screws into the same piece then check it with a Thread Gauge

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_162739.jpg
    IMG_20211029_162739.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 54