Info on financing a used tractor

/ Info on financing a used tractor #21  
Gotta agree that Eddie W. never seemed to me to be needing "life lessons". But those unasked for lessons do seem to come along with TBN conversations.

On the financing question, it's not something I know much about - I'm from the old "fix it or do without generation" - but it is with conversations like this that I'm learning more.
rScotty
It is not the "periphery conversations" that are of a bother to me. I've learned a lot from the "peripheries" myself and I might add, cleared up a thought process or two that led me to an ultimate decision WHEN STAYING ON TOPIC.
It's when posters get into sublet notions of how they may lead their own lives and get off the beaten path from what the op asked in the first place.
Eg: "why are you taking on more debt"? "I wouldn't do that".
None of their freakin business and not interested in their's.

Now if they stated: "I have a problem encompassing more debt for myself but when I did, I took out such and such a loan and it only cost me 2%".
That's different. At least they're lending a different eye to the conversation that indeed could be helpful.

I'm old school, hard scrabble myself but as the roll of toilet paper gets smaller and then gets smaller faster, I have been known to rethink a thing or two.
My word, life is too short to be bothered by the same things of when one was younger as it
doesn't leave room to be bothered by the "new things" one can be bothered about.

Last edited:
   / Info on financing a used tractor #22  
Suggestion. This seems to be a 'you' problem. I understand that you don't like how people respond to posts. Ultimately, I think that is for the OP of the thread to decide. Your response is a bigger sidebar or distraction than anything someone else posted. Rather than hijack his thread to espouse your views, maybe create your own thread advocating for your position. if posts bother you that much, maybe just step away from those threads. Life is too short to get this worked up about opinions.

/ Info on financing a used tractor #23  
Suggestion. This seems to be a 'you' problem. I understand that you don't like how people respond to posts. Ultimately, I think that is for the OP of the thread to decide. Your response is a bigger sidebar or distraction than anything someone else posted. Rather than hijack his thread to espouse your views, maybe create your own thread advocating for your position. if posts bother you that much, maybe just step away from those threads. Life is too short to get this worked up about opinions.
Hardly. This place is rampant with " if I were your father" posts. The op himself appreciated my contribution. Some are "non confrontational" and just stay quiet to a problem. This problem is huge here.
And don't give me that "side bar distraction stuff". I'm trying to get to the point of the op or else how many other "father "posts would there be along with unrelated "why are you doing that?" junk.
I guess you only consider "your espousing' as not a distraction or else you would have pm'd me.

/ Info on financing a used tractor #24  
Hardly. This place is rampant with " if I were your father" posts. The op himself appreciated my contribution. Some are "non confrontational" and just stay quiet to a problem. This problem is huge here.
And don't give me that "side bar distraction stuff". I'm trying to get to the point of the op or else how many other "father "posts would there be along with unrelated "why are you doing that?" junk.
I guess you only consider "your espousing' as not a distraction or else you would have pm'd me.
Arrow, I think there is a difference of viewpoint here. You see some of the questioning and comments on this thread as people overstepping their boundaries where I see it as some of us are looking out for our fellow man.

/ Info on financing a used tractor #25  
looking out for our fellow man.

Is that what the op asked for?

Look, there are very few "rotten guys" here.
I'm quite sure everyone has "good intentions" even if that what's used as pavers for the road to hll.
My intention is to stick with the question. If I have experience with a failure move, I'll say so and why.
It is then up to the op to decide the direction they wish to go.
Far be it from me to question motives.
Most of us are older than 6.

Last edited:
   / Info on financing a used tractor #28  
Far be it from me to question motives.
I can only speak to mine. The OP stated in his opening post that he was considering purchasing a tractor that he really didn't need. My first thought was why would he do that, especially in a very volatile and uncertain time as this? I don't know if you are aware of the severity of things right now Arrow but we are in the middle of an economic storm. Gas prices are surging, there's scarcity everywhere now, inflation is the highest it has been in over 15 years and continues to keep climbing and it's only a matter of time before the interest rates are going to be raised to reflect all this which is going to lead to other troubles for many people. This is not a time to go out and spend money on things you don't really need. If that is what the OP wants to do then so be it but I am not going to apologize to him or to you for being a good Samaritan by asking him to simply rethink what he is about to do.

/ Info on financing a used tractor #29  
I can only speak to mine. The OP stated in his opening post that he was considering purchasing a tractor that he really didn't need. My first thought was why would he do that, especially in a very volatile and uncertain time as this? I don't know if you are aware of the severity of things right now Arrow but we are in the middle of an economic storm. Gas prices are surging, there's scarcity everywhere now, inflation is the highest it has been in over 15 years and continues to keep climbing and it's only a matter of time before the interest rates are going to be raised to reflect all this which is going to lead to other troubles for many people. This is not a time to go out and spend money on things you don't really need. If that is what the OP wants to do then so be it but I am not going to apologize to him or to you for being a good Samaritan by asking him to simply rethink what he is about to do.
You watch the wrong tv stations.

/ Info on financing a used tractor #30  
Tractor is my only debt since it matters. I like having one loan so credit is good when I CHOOSE to use it. I'm paying 4% int on the loan thru DLL finance which was dealerships vendor. I would have gone thru my CU but was just easier to do all in house. I chose the cash rebates up front and interest long term since no loan has been taken to term in 24yrs.