Buying Advice Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #22  
I'd spend the $10K on a quality tractor (Kubota). I can afford the best on don't settle on lesser brands (Kioti).
Are you stalking? Seems like you are stalking...

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61
Have you included the 20% NCHA discount on the Kubota when looking at the final cost?

Yes. Kubota quote had the equine discount. Decision got tougher as Kioti dealer offered less on trade. Now $7500 difference. Can’t lock in Kioti price either on future order, final price will be set once on dealer lot

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #24  
Kioti is a fine machine. It’s just not a Kubota. Just make sure you have dealer support, no matter what you choose. Good dealer, in business for at least a decade and preferably doesn’t do anything but sell 2 or less brands and service them.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #25  
As a rule I refrain from ALL the X vs X posts. I base my tractor purchases entirely on the dealer presence and service and for me Kubota wins, with 2 nearby dealers, both are good but one is better.

The dealer is everything. I don't care what color it is in reality.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #26  
Don't get the 'equine discount thing at all. Just bought a new Kubota (Kneverland) Premium Round bailer and that equine junk never came into the negotiations. In fact Kubota gave me a 5 grand ag discount on the bailer right off and financed the balance at 0 percent with quarterly payments, plus the dealer gave me a over the top trade in value on my NH 450 so I got a brand new 2021 Kubota Premium Net-Twine 4x5 bailer with every option but bale slice (which I don't need) for 10 grand all in.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #28  
I'd spend the $10K on a quality tractor (Kubota). I can afford the best on don't settle on lesser brands (Kioti).
Well that's your opinion. Having owned both Kioti and Kubota, I find Kioti has greatly closed any gap that existed, and in my opinion, is now just as reliable as Kubota.

I sure wish Consumers Reports included tractors in their product summary reports, like they do cars. We may find Kioti is right there at the top of the reliability list and very high on customer satisfaction. But sadly, not enough tractors are sold annually to justify CR efforts.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #29  
Yes. Kubota quote had the equine discount. Decision got tougher as Kioti dealer offered less on trade. Now $7500 difference. Can’t lock in Kioti price either on future order, final price will be set once on dealer lot
Resale on Kubota will be much higher than on a Kioti.

Last edited:
   / Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #30  
As a rule I refrain from ALL the X vs X posts. I base my tractor purchases entirely on the dealer presence and service and for me Kubota wins, with 2 nearby dealers, both are good but one is better.

The dealer is everything. I don't care what color it is in reality.
If you buy a quality tractor in the first place, you should have minimal interaction with the dealer after the sale for service.