Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #1  

CoThG

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000 HST
Post from another forum:

Last year there was an unfortunate incident where my old Massey was left out of gear and rolled about 30' down a slight incline and split in half at the transmission. 5 Months later it was finally repaired for over $10k and we just said the hell with it and traded it in for this new 2750e. Needless to say it has been nothing but a nightmare. First day I had it I bent both of the hydraulic cylinders pushing debris. I accepted my fate and spent the $1000 to get them replaced (been 6 months) and within 3 hours I bent the new ones while using the stump bucket the sales manager told me to buy to get the most out of my tractor. Have you guys ever seen anything like this? I will be going in to the dealer tomorrow to discuss the options, but it bends simply by tilting the bucket down. I was sick to my stomach when it happened. I was able to "straighten" them back out, but as you will see in the video they bind and bend the moment you put any downward curl pressure on them. I'm not crazy to think this is completely unacceptable right? The video shows exactly how I had bent it not 5 minutes before.
VrQKrqG.jpg

Here is a video of them bending.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #2  
Geometry looks wrong to me. No triangles, the cylinders are almost parallel to the loader frame, so to set the stump digger in position to get under the stump, the whole load is levered into the cylinder when it's fully extended & at it's weakest. Don't see how it wouldn't bend. Was the stump bucket a Massey design for this tractor or for something bigger? (or simply something they had in stock to sell?) Also looks "big" for the tractor & the pivot point seems too close to the ears where the cylinders attach..

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending
Geometry looks wrong to me. No triangles, the cylinders are almost parallel to the loader frame, so to set the stump digger in position to get under the stump, the whole load is levered into the cylinder when it's fully extended & at it's weakest. Don't see how it wouldn't bend. Was the stump bucket a Massey design for this tractor or for something bigger? (or simply something they had in stock to sell?) Also looks "big" for the tractor & the pivot point seems too close to the ears where the cylinders attach..
The stump bucket is aftermarket.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #4  
If you zoom on the FEL, mine has a pivot point just behind the bucket that I don't see in yours. My FEL is a 2611, not sure the model makes a difference, but it should be the same since yours has the quick attach also.
20210409_163147.jpg

Nevermind, just looked at the stock photos of the 2815, and they are all direct linked like that.

Last edited:
   / Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #6  
Don't know how important "good relations" with that dealer are to you, but if it was me, I'd be ready to escalate this as high as needed to get them to eat the cost of the original replacements, the new replacements, & take back that stump bucket & credit you for your cost against other implements that you can actually use. You bought & used the implement based on the salesman's advise & it's breaking your tractor.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #7  
THAT bucket shouldn't even be on that tractor... No wonder they bent...

SR
watching the video he curled down? what exactly would be the difference if there was a normal bucket on it,

seems like pressure relief is too high, but that is a weird design for sure.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #8  
For starters, like was already mentioned, the attachment points are all wrong for that tractor.

Also, that bucket sticks out much further than a regular bucket and puts WAAAY too much torque on that undersized tractors loader.

SR

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #9  
For starters, like was already mentioned, the attachment points are all wrong for that tractor.

Also, that bucket sticks out much further than a regular bucket and puts WAAAY too much torque on that undersized tractors loader.

SR
if you watch the video, did he even get the tires off the ground, i agree there is more torque, but the pin points are the same as a normal bucket, i don't see how this would be any different with a normal bucket on it, the damage would occur in the middle of the bucket as thats where there ismore torque. I don't see how there is more torque on the pins. The front should just lift.

looking at pictures on google, this is a default design for this tractor. it had to make it through r&d.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #10  
I don't care what bucket is on it somthing is wrong!!, them cyls should not be bending, there is a fault in the rods, undersized or not hardend properly, they look undersized to me, the older cb65 sub compacts bh had the same issue with the dipper cyl, new revised cyls were issued and problem was solved.