trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools
We are contemplating getting rid of the trusty ol boss and getting a Outlander 6x6 with its 1000 v-twin engine. The 80+ something engine is only needed for operations in the snow.

View attachment 704142View attachment 704143
I watched for used Outlander's all summer and did see a few, most priced as new. Seems we might need to put down some $$$ and order one for next summer.. No new ones showed up at our locale dealership this summer. 😞

Last edited:
Yesterday we dumped this machine off at the trailhead. This trail is ready! Ya more could have been mowed and we still hike around checking for dead-falls.
P1020723.jpg
P1020713.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #283  
Cool, did you build It? What do you pull that with?

/ trail clearing technique and tools #285  
Arly, what boots do you wear. Are they waterproof and insulated? Any recommendations? I am in cold muddy conditions half the year and need new ones.

Arly, what boots do you wear. Are they waterproof and insulated? Any recommendations? I am in cold muddy conditions half the year and need new ones.
My feet are bad and will need to be repaired in the next few years. Nearly all can I wear is Keen's outdoor type boots.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #287  
Nice pictures and thanks for sharing, looks like you guys have a good handle on keeping the trails open for use.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #288  
I have a Kunz mower and it’s heavy duty. I can’t find if this was the flail mower mentioned before

Nice pictures and thanks for sharing, looks like you guys have a good handle on keeping the trails open for use.
Let me add Boss, we've been schooled at this stuff by IMBA, ski trail school, NFS, NCT and more. More educational junk than most folks care to hear about. :LOL: I should add that we love caring for trails and seeing the public out on them. We don't and won't do anything that's privet.

Last edited:
I have a Kunz mower and it’s heavy duty. I can’t find if this was the flail mower mentioned before
Seems this machine might be on the light side. We hope to write a grant and get the British made Champman tow-behind next summer.