Work Pants

/ Work Pants #31  
I keep checking the Duluth site for men's briefs. When they're available in brown with suspenders I'll order some.

/ Work Pants #33  
My briefs always end up around my knees, I think wife's Chlorox rots the elastic. She says bleach is necessary.
Thought you'd like to know.

/ Work Pants #34  
I wear the Dickies Carpenter pants daily. To me, they fit better than the Carhart and are about half the price.

I’ve recently been wearing some of the TSC branded Ridgecut Ultimate Work pants. So far I’ve been happy with them. They do get just as hot as the Dickies but they seem to dry faster.

I also love my Liberty bibs! I have a pair of the Dickies bibs but to me the back pockets sit too high and are hard to access. I would wear bib overalls year round however, my job would frown on that.

/ Work Pants #35  
it's Carhartt double fronts for me. Pretty tough pants !

/ Work Pants #36  
it's Carhartt double fronts for me. Pretty tough pants !
Can you still get the same fabric in regular Carhartt carpenter pants?

The double fronts seem to be the only way to get the original rigid cotton duck Carhartt’s.

Im not a fan of all these “soft, stretchy“ work pants.

/ Work Pants #37  
I have worn the fire hose pants for years, just recently moved to the lighter "flex" version. The Flex version is great for traveling on the road or air, TSA doesn't really like them or i just have a face that says "pat me down big fella".
I still keep a few pairs of the thick ones for working outside around the place. They are not cheap but neither are stitches.
Their customer service is outstanding.

/ Work Pants #38  
Can you still get the same fabric in regular Carhartt carpenter pants?

The double fronts seem to be the only way to get the original rigid cotton duck Carhartt’s.

Im not a fan of all these “soft, stretchy“ work pants.
I have no idea. These I buy are some type of canvas I believe. Not sure but they sure are stiff new

/ Work Pants #39  
Carhartt's for me, I especially like the fact that they are briar proof.

/ Work Pants #40  
I wore jeans this past summer and they got heavy and soaked in sweat. Very uncomfortable.

I found some used work pants (link below) for about 7 or 8 bucks a pair. Good shape, lightweight, wash out clean from diesel fuel and the sawdust. I bought 2 pairs and think they will outlast me.

May not be trendy but great for working outdoors.
I gave this place a try the other day.....waiting for the order to arrive. Thanks for the link.

Update: The package arrived and I am completely satisfied with the quality of the "used" pants.

Last edited: