Choosing the right tractor

/ Choosing the right tractor #1  

Mej13579

Tractor
None
I have 25 acres in East Texas. I am looking for a new tractor. I have about 5 acres to mow. Sometimes in the spring it rains a lot and by the time the field dries the grass gets 2-3 feet tall. My zero turn mower is getting beat up pretty bad.
I have mostly woods but I tried to put trails in but a 4 wheeler , chainsaw and weed eater just isn't cutting it and I can't keep them from getting overgrown.
I also had my plantation pine thinned and I need a lot of clean up. I have a mixture of pine and hardwoods. I have some huge oaks down but can't get to them with what I have now. Got about 300 yards of driveway that needs some work. I have a pond that needs cleaned up around the edges and cleaned out when it gets low. Plus some general dirt work and such.
I am looking for an all around workhorse in around the 50hp range still nimble enough to navigate in the woods.
The 3 tractors I'm seriously considering to aquire in about 2 months are the massey ferguson 2850e, kioti dk45se, or the kubota l4701. I'm looking to get a grapple / 3rd function, a mid range rotary cutter, boxblade, and if I can swing it a tiller. Looking to make a long term investment. To get it paid off before I retire in 6 years or sow.
My credit is not great but should have a large down payment almost half.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking at.

/ Choosing the right tractor #2  
I'm in a similar situation... Closer to 20 acres...were between I20 and I30 about an hour west of LA.

I would consider widening your search. TYM, LS and Branson all have dealers in the area and can possibly get you more tractor for the money. For the same price the TYM and Branson will have considerably more weight and lift capacity. There's a dealer in Longview that has both Kioti and TYM, so you can compare. Dealer in Tyler has LS, TYM and Zetor. There's a big Branson dealer in Caddo Mills. Many LS and TYM models come standard with rear remotes and 3 PT hitch lever in back, also have the nicer adjustment arms instead of turn buckles.

/ Choosing the right tractor
Thank you. I'll check them out also. I know there is a branson dealer in carthage

I'm in between marshall and texarkana

/ Choosing the right tractor #5  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

Thier been many threads on this topic try search,just some of question to consider.
Have you visit dealers yet?
Have you consider cab?
What type of transmission?
What type of tire thread?

/ Choosing the right tractor #6  
We are near FtW, but retiring this summer to our land further east. Technically, Carthage is closer, but the dealer in CM comes highly recommended.
In your range, maybe a TYM 494, an LS 345, a Branson 4820.

No I haven't visited any dealers yet.
I do not want a cab due to a lot of work in the woods.
I'm considering a hydro bit I think I could make due with a shuttle shift.
I am leaning toward ag tires.

Thanks Torvy. I will check them out. I'm sure you will enjoy the move. Got transferred out here about 10 years ago from Dallas and love it.

/ Choosing the right tractor #9  
I would think an industrial type tire would be better than an ag tire in the woods and, in general, for what work you describe, except, possibly the tiller. The radials seem to be quite popular.

O personal experience with the ag tires, just going by what I see and what my dealer told me.

You might be right Finn.