Exhaust Mod on my 3725

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725
Good evening all. After reading all these posts I decided to "modify" my 2021 Branson 3620R. My tractor is now 100 percent factory minus the dpf honeycomb. An air chisel came in very handy. Results....... tractor runs great, dpf light on all the time, check engine light on all the time. Unplugging the data logger deactivates the tach, temp gauge and glow plugs. I would love to figure out how to get the lights off.
Just curious if you got all the wires reattached after taking the filter off? If all you did was pull the guts out of the inside of the filter, I'm surprised the data logger could tell the difference. That would also be another change over the older pre-2021 system. Several members here have done the same mod you've done (with pre-2021 system), and there are no lights on their dash.

Is everything else connected back the way it was?

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #82  
There's only a 4 plugs to reattach and they are all different do you can't mess them up. I have also tried disconnecting the hoses going to the differential pressure sensor, leaving it open to ambient air pressure, but that didn't work either.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #83  
My guess is the computer wants the differential pressure sensor to see a pressure difference within a certain range. It should be higher on the engine side of the DPF. Try leaving the tailpipe side open to the air and the engine side plugged in. You may get lucky and that difference would be within range. Probably not but its worth a try. If it works you'll want to plug the open hole somehow.

Did you gut your DPF because it was getting clogged? The regen system on the new models is supposed to address that... did it not work?

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #84  
At the moment, there isn't a 5520 equivalent in Europe, or any of the newer models with the 4 range transmission for that matter. Not sure when those will get here. Currently we have the 5025 and the 6225. The 5025 uses the A2300 engine naturally aspired, while the 6225 uses the same A2300 but the turbocharged one.

In 2022, the new Stage V emissions will be applied in Europe and all new tractor have to compliant to Stage V, which most already are as most manufacturers have been making the change in 2021. This actually resulted on a lot of discontinued models, specially on Branson with only 3 models above 25 HP. I'm sure they will release more models once they get the older models up to the new Stage V spec.

This new Stage V requirement, is basically the same as the US now. Emissions stuff required on offroad equipment above 25HP, while before it was only required above 50HP. The later part of this paragraph is important be this means that the 5025 had a simple muffler, but being naturally aspired, it won't fit on your tractor. The other models 5825 (disconntinued) and the 6225, both have turbo, however, being that those are above 50HP, they have the DPF and not a muffler.

Maybe things are different in Australia on the emissions requirements, and there is a model there with A2300 turbo'd engine and a muffler instead of the DPF and a dealer is willing to ship the muffler to you. Otherwise, as Slowpoke Slim explained, it's very easy to retrofit one.

Another thing to consider, is that on the 2021 US models, the data logger has some of the engine wiring hardness integrated into it. So if you unplug the datalogger, I believe you lose the temperature indicator at the dash, accordingly to someone who tried it on this thread. We're waiting on the service manual to be available so we can investigate this further.
At the moment, there isn't a 5520 equivalent in Europe, or any of the newer models with the 4 range transmission for that matter. Not sure when those will get here. Currently we have the 5025 and the 6225. The 5025 uses the A2300 engine naturally aspired, while the 6225 uses the same A2300 but the turbocharged one.

In 2022, the new Stage V emissions will be applied in Europe and all new tractor have to compliant to Stage V, which most already are as most manufacturers have been making the change in 2021. This actually resulted on a lot of discontinued models, specially on Branson with only 3 models above 25 HP. I'm sure they will release more models once they get the older models up to the new Stage V spec.

This new Stage V requirement, is basically the same as the US now. Emissions stuff required on offroad equipment above 25HP, while before it was only required above 50HP. The later part of this paragraph is important be this means that the 5025 had a simple muffler, but being naturally aspired, it won't fit on your tractor. The other models 5825 (disconntinued) and the 6225, both have turbo, however, being that those are above 50HP, they have the DPF and not a muffler.

Maybe things are different in Australia on the emissions requirements, and there is a model there with A2300 turbo'd engine and a muffler instead of the DPF and a dealer is willing to ship the muffler to you. Otherwise, as Slowpoke Slim explained, it's very easy to retrofit one.

Another thing to consider, is that on the 2021 US models, the data logger has some of the engine wiring hardness integrated into it. So if you unplug the datalogger, I believe you lose the temperature indicator at the dash, accordingly to someone who tried it on this thread. We're waiting on the service manual to be available so we can investigate this further.
kukje a2300n2 engine.
muffler ea00001838a.
that is the model of the bolt on muffler for my 4820ch. Any of of our overseas guys able to send me a link to buy one? I have tried every search. No one sells the factory muffler

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #85  
kukje a2300n2 engine.
muffler ea00001838a.
that is the model of the bolt on muffler for my 4820ch. Any of of our overseas guys able to send me a link to buy one? I have tried every search. No one sells the factory muffler
Unfortunately, buying parts for tractors online is almost impossible in Europe for some reason. At least, for anything other than the European brands.

The only online place I've found is the UK importer for Branson that actually has the parts catalogue online along with prices, however I don't know wether they will ship outside the UK or not. I've contemplated buying filters from them, but since Brexit, the shipping costs went through the roof, plus I get a bunch of import taxes on top of that.

They do list the Muffler #EA00001838A with a price of $300 and the exhaust pipe would be around $217.

I think you could go with Slowpoke Slim's solution for a lot less money that using the OEM parts, which may or may not be available.

Keep in mind that the 2021 20 series require some extra step on the wiring to make sure the gauges are working properly. As of now, we don't have a service manual for this 2021 20 series on this forum yet to confirm this wiring part.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #86  
Unfortunately, buying parts for tractors online is almost impossible in Europe for some reason. At least, for anything other than the European brands.

The only online place I've found is the UK importer for Branson that actually has the parts catalogue online along with prices, however I don't know wether they will ship outside the UK or not. I've contemplated buying filters from them, but since Brexit, the shipping costs went through the roof, plus I get a bunch of import taxes on top of that.

They do list the Muffler #EA00001838A with a price of $300 and the exhaust pipe would be around $217.

I think you could go with Slowpoke Slim's solution for a lot less money that using the OEM parts, which may or may not be available.

Keep in mind that the 2021 20 series require some extra step on the wiring to make sure the gauges are working properly. As of now, we don't have a service manual for this 2021 20 series on this forum yet to confirm this wiring part.

Could you send the site for the parts I’ll see if they will ship. I don’t mind spending a little more for the factory setup. I’ll be the trial run guy for the electronics. We’ll figure something out.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #87  
Could you send the site for the parts I’ll see if they will ship. I don’t mind spending a little more for the factory setup. I’ll be the trial run guy for the electronics. We’ll figure something out.
Oh I meant to add the links and got distracted. My bad.

Here is the one for the muffler: Products/Store | website

And the one for the exhaust piper. This one, they list one for the muffler and one for the DPF, however they don't specify which one is what. Products/Store | website

Let us know what you end up finding.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #88  
Oh I meant to add the links and got distracted. My bad.

Here is the one for the muffler: Products/Store | website

And the one for the exhaust piper. This one, they list one for the muffler and one for the DPF, however they don't specify which one is what. Products/Store | website

Let us know what you end up finding.
I put the full list together down to the bolts. I emailed them the list waiting to hear back if they will in fact ship. Here are the part numbers to convert a a2300n3 engine to NON DPF

Attachments

• 62F525FD-EB24-418A-A760-AA73B05D6ACA.png
    62F525FD-EB24-418A-A760-AA73B05D6ACA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • AD5106E5-366F-4847-A995-A5F7BA0FD345.png
    AD5106E5-366F-4847-A995-A5F7BA0FD345.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • 2370FF4A-7DEC-4236-BDF9-E6950442FC40.png
    2370FF4A-7DEC-4236-BDF9-E6950442FC40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
  • 1D16BB91-31D8-4543-8D09-4E123D95CCA7.png
    1D16BB91-31D8-4543-8D09-4E123D95CCA7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
   / Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #89  
I put the full list together down to the bolts. I emailed them the list waiting to hear back if they will in fact ship. Here are the part numbers to convert a a2300n3 engine to NON DPF
Hello Johnson,

I was reading about DPFs on another thread and remembered this one. Did you end up getting any response from the UK guys?

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #90  
I'm in New Zealand and own a 2021 non DPF 6225h. If you need any pics, let me know.