Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #1  

dra200832

Tractor
looking at Bad Boy Tractor
Hi All,

First post here (I tried searching this but could not find any post)

I am currently looking for my first compact tractor to do some work around my house and a couple of my rentals. I really like the Bad Boy tractor looks and functionality for the price! the company its self has a very good reputation and a dealer near me, I am looking at the 3000 series with either 26 hp or 35 hp models with a backhoe attachment. price new is 25K.

what does everyone think about the new tractors?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #3  
Price isn't that much cheaper than the established tractor brands. They are made by Kukje/TYM. You essentially have a rebranded TYM tractor. Bad boy does have a plant in the USA, but they make tractor implements and mowers there. They might assemble the tractors from their shipping configuration there, but they are made in South Korea. Branson was recently bought by Kukje/TYM as well

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #5  
Welcome to TBN.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #6  
Price isn't that much cheaper than the established tractor brands. They are made by Kukje/TYM. You essentially have a rebranded TYM tractor. Bad boy does have a plant in the USA, but they make tractor implements and mowers there. They might assemble the tractors from their shipping configuration there, but they are made in South Korea. Branson was recently bought by Kukje/TYM as well
The deal for Bad Boy was made with Branson before TYM bought Kukje. They are the same as the Branson. TYM tractors are not the same tractor. Kukje owned Branson long before TYM bought Kukje.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?
I 100% agree that there are more reputable brands like Kubota but with a price difference of more than $11,000 (with backhoe options) its hard to justify and thats why im looking at other brands. I feel like the fair comparison would be the L2501 to the 3026 model, both have reliable engines and comparable warranty's (I think) included warranty for Bad Boy is 2 year attachment and 6 year power. each brand seems to shine its own area, Kubota has stronger lift capacity on the 3 point and Bad boy has more lift on the loader. also the Bad Boy has a little more weight to it at a little over 2000 pounds

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #8  
I 100% agree that there are more reputable brands like Kubota but with a price difference of more than $11,000 (with backhoe options) its hard to justify and thats why im looking at other brands. I feel like the fair comparison would be the L2501 to the 3026 model, both have reliable engines and comparable warranty's (I think) included warranty for Bad Boy is 2 year attachment and 6 year power. each brand seems to shine its own area, Kubota has stronger lift capacity on the 3 point and Bad boy has more lift on the loader. also the Bad Boy has a little more weight to it at a little over 2000 pounds
The L2501 is equivalent to the Bad Boy 4025/Branson 2515. The Bad Boy 3026/Branson 2610 is equivalent to the Kubota B2601.

Also, if I remember correctly from previous discussions about Bad Boy, they messed up the specs on their website. Both 4025 and 4035 have a 3 range transmission and not a 2 range like they listed.

If you can, go to a dealer and sit on the tractor to get familiar with it and see what you like or do not like in position controls, comfort, etc.

Good luck with your choice and show us some pictures once you get the tractor. We like pictures. :)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #9  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #10  
I 100% agree that there are more reputable brands like Kubota but with a price difference of more than $11,000 (with backhoe options) its hard to justify and that's why i'm looking at other brands. I feel like the fair comparison would be the L2501 to the 3026 model, both have reliable engines and comparable warranty's (I think) included warranty for Bad Boy is 2 year attachment and 6 year power. each brand seems to shine its own area, Kubota has stronger lift capacity on the 3 point and Bad boy has more lift on the loader. also the Bad Boy has a little more weight to it at a little over 2000 pounds

I just wouldn't feel comfortable spending $20K+ on a relatively new tractor company where warranty or parts support maybe in question years down the road.

The price on the 3026 with backhoe ($25K) certainly is attractive but I'm not seeing the $11K price difference.

Not an apples to apples comparison, but I bought my MX5400 HST 4WD (no cab) last year for $30K. Backhoe would have added another $7K (after discount). So for another $12K (probably more now) over the 3026 you could get a bigger tractor with backhoe from an established brand.