Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #31  
Without long term parts and service availability it will become an expensive garage ornament. So... place your bets and take your chances. :)

Personally, I'd buy mainstream...John Deere, Kubota...

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #32  
Some interesting replies and comments here.
It does seem that the most decidedly negative responses are from JD owners. 🤣

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #33  
I did some research on tractors
when looking at Yanmar. Over 75
different tractors run Yanmar diesel
engines. In Asia vast majority of
diesel generators are made by
Yanmar and their diesels are in
all kinds of equipment including
ships and they made tractors for
John Deere for over 20 years
is why I chose the YT235C Yanmar
tractor. Why not purchase a tractor
from who ever makes what your
intending/considering to purchase

willy

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #34  
I did some research on tractors
when looking at Yanmar. Over 75
different tractors run Yanmar diesel
engines. In Asia vast majority of
diesel generators are made by
Yanmar and their diesels are in
all kinds of equipment including
ships and they made tractors for
John Deere for over 20 years
is why I chose the YT235C Yanmar
tractor. Why not purchase a tractor
from who ever makes what your
intending/considering to purchase

willy
Those were my thoughts when I decided to buy a Kubota

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #36  
This thread has raised an interesting issue of how new players can get into the tractor market. Kubota and Mahindra have done it by being huge internationally and establishing their own dealers. The Korean manufacturers aren't going away - they are big and competent. However, they haven't been nearly as successful at establishing a solid dealership network. The concept of going through Rural King or Cabelas was destined to fail because of the weakness in service and focus. Hooking up with Bad Boy might just work since they have the right equipment focus and might be able to develop the service capability.

I wouldn't be interested because I've got a great JD dealer and enough money to buy whatever I want. However, if I was price sensitive I would certainly look into it, especially if the existing dealership had a good history.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #37  
I'm not going to tell you not to buy a rebadged tractor, but I personally wouldn't.
I have seen it happen. Remember Montana is an example.. They end the contract, and people end up with an orphan tractor.

So, just keep that in mind when buying a rebadged tractor that is is a possibility.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?
Some Very good replies here and I appreciate the input! just to clarify on a couple things, this tractor is strictly for hobby. I have a couple of odd jobs that I can use it for as well as use the tax benefit. when comparing price I was comparing the Kubota L2501 to the Bad Boy 30 Series as they seemed to be the closest per size and compacity. when I spec it out on Kubota's web site it comes in right at $34,913 compared to $25k (and if I was going to depend on this machine I 100% would buy a larger brand). the Dealer I plan to buy from (if I buy a Bad Boy) is a very Reputable dealer that I know the owner so I have a lot of faith in having someone in my corner if needed. I do plan on following with some Branson Dealers to see if there is a cross to components (and if they will work on them) as I think that is important, but with the rep of Bad Boy behind the tractor I think they will have zero problem surviving in this market.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #39  
I'm not going to tell you not to buy a rebadged tractor, but I personally wouldn't.
I have seen it happen. Remember Montana is an example.. They end the contract, and people end up with an orphan tractor.

So, just keep that in mind when buying a rebadged tractor that is is a possibility.
And that is too bad. My neighbor has a Montana and it’s a great tractor. I have used it many times.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #40  
I would like to make sure the OP understands what tractor he is getting if he goes with Bad Boy. It’s a Branson tractor. Just different color and stickers.
They are cheaper, but not built cheaper. They are generally heavier than the comparable tractors of other brands.
There is NO computer on the tractor. It is a simple but reliable tractor. No gadgets that make tractor life easier but then no extra breaking points and cost. It’s also easy to work on.
The engine is a Cummins engine, made by Kukje. Kukje was recently sold off to TYM but they are not the same tractor.
Since Bad Boy has an established dealer network, you might be better off with them than some Branson dealers. But there are many good Branson dealers too. They are here to stay and are growing there dealer network.
As far as parts, they should be interchangeable.
But for warranty work, you might want to ask about getting parts through Bad Boy vs Branson if Bad Boy does not have any available?
Enjoy whatever you get and welcome.
By the way there is a Branson/Century sub forum here if you have more questions.