Are you this old?

/ Are you this old? #411  
I still carry $150 for emergencies, and at least $10 for small purchases. Gas and everything else for my truck goes on one card, other things go on another.

/ Are you this old? #412  
As I recall, minimum wage at that time was 85 cents per hour; I paid 75 cents for a hair cut...that is when My Dad didn't cut my hair. I preferred my Dad's haircuts because he could cut my curly hair and it didn't look like it had been cut with Pinking shears.
You couldn’t get that in a Barber Shop even today. What hair I have left is curly and I’ve rarely had a “good” haircut.

/ Are you this old? #414  
You couldn’t get that in a Barber Shop even today. What hair I have left is curly and I’ve rarely had a “good” haircut.
I get a pretty good hair cut each time. Number 2 guard on top, 1 on the sides

3 and 2 in the winter.

Once my hair hits a certain length, in heat and humidity, it stands up like a put my finger in a light socket. Same in the winter with static electricity.

Can't get it to stay put for more then a few seconds.

Much easier to just have it chopped to a manageable length.

/ Are you this old? #415  
How many of you remember hearing a sonic boom?

They were outlawed in '73 so hearing them might not qualify you as being old but remembering them, or not, may qualify you.

/ Are you this old? #417  

They were outlawed in '73 so hearing them might not qualify you as being old but remembering them, or not, may qualify you.
I was working in a grocery store in OKC in the late 50's when they did the test runs here. Our store wasn't far from Tinker AFB, so we got lots of air traffic and lots of booms. One afternoon, I was standing in the check stand, and one came a bit too close; all of the plate glass in the front of the store came crashing in...quite a mess.

/ Are you this old? #418  
Many have already mentioned these to admit they're older than dirt. :)

View attachment 727946
I remember 78 RPM records.
The last book with a record I bought was Always Coming Home by Ursula LeGuin, about 40 years ago. I still have it.
Wasn't Boone's Farm a kid drink? I was raised on Blitz,, and 25 cent draft after I turned 21, 10 cents during happy hour.
If you're really old, you remember the pickle barrel at the grocery store. Soda jerks at the drug store. Buying dynamite at the feed store.

/ Are you this old? #419  
Dad bought dynamite at the local hardware store to blast rock for his basement.

/ Are you this old? #420  

Every day when I was a child, and found a lot of "window chaff" for testing radar also on the ground. We lived about 200 miles south of Richards Gabaur airbase.