Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #1  

4running

Tractor
NH TC33D
Hi,

I am about to purchase a Ditch Bank Mower for my New Holland TC33D. I have added both sets of factory rear remotes.

Neither lever has a detent or a lock or anything to "float" an attachment that I can see. The handles seem to stay centered and return back to center when moved back or forth. How can I make just one set of rear remotes "float"?

On set of remotes uses NH Valve# 86524700, this valve appears to have the "canister" on the side that would allow it to "float".

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #2  
I tried to find an image of that valve but couldn't. The "canister" may be a release valve. A float extension would be on a spool and in-line with it. (Opposite end of a spool lever.)

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #3  
You may have to ask NH parts if there is a float valve for that model. I added a float valve to a Kubota, you had to specifically order a float valve and install it, the regular detent valve did not have float position. Both types were fully interchangeable on the tractor.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower.
Ok,

Thanks! Ill call them now.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #5  
Just curious how you plan to use float on a ditch bank mowerr?

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #6  
Float is recommended for the head tilt cylinder.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #7  
Not on mine. That would be a really good way to end up upsidedown in the bottom of the ditch. Can't do that with a Hydraslide.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #8  
Not on mine. That would be a really good way to end up upsidedown in the bottom of the ditch. Can't do that with a Hydraslide.
Description of Ditch Bank Flail Mowers:
AGFN takes our AGF mower and adds an openable rear deck for faster mowing when you do not need fine mulching (it is also nice for changing blades) a holder for your hoses when not attached and a floating right side 3-point connection to allow the mower greater flex when following the contours of the ground. AGFN verge flail mulchers are super heavy duty mowers designed for Cat-II tractors. They feature very heavy 43-ounce cutting blades that can chop heavy brush including grasses, debris, sticks, vines, branches, and other wooded materials up to 4” in Diameter.
The mower head is attached to a hydraulic arm allowing you to swing the mulcher beyond your tractors wheels. The head may be pivoted hydraulically up 90 degrees for hedge or hillside work or down 55 degrees for the ditch or bank work. Connect it to our optional 4-way hydraulic control valve with a hydraulic float and the mulcher will follow the contours of the terrain.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #9  
Absolutely want float with a verge mower. Float is not available on my Branson on the rear remotes so I came up with a alternative that works well for me. I added a hydraulic solenoid valve to tie the two ports together on the remotes.

I just raise the head vertical and flip the switch and the head lowers nice and smooth. Then it will float the full stroke. Makes it cut nice and even.

EAA58C43-F81B-4A17-B9A0-0E9DCFCE8DA5.jpeg66DA1E3A-4E04-4A36-8479-5A0204CB95A2.jpeg0B2DE3DF-CAE7-4C63-9415-D01067B48944.jpeg