Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #11  
How far down in the ditch will that unit angle? This cutter head floats upward but is limited to going down and it will go down in the ditchbank up to 90 degrees. The problem comes when you hit something solid in the ditch, which would apply to this old cutter or new flails. I have a 10' Maschio slide flail as well.

DB Cutter.jpg

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #12  
How far down in the ditch will that unit angle? This cutter head floats upward but is limited to going down and it will go down in the ditchbank up to 90 degrees. The problem comes when you hit something solid in the ditch, which would apply to this old cutter or new flails. I have a 10' Maschio slide flail as well.

View attachment 728756
He didn't specify, but I'm guessing he's going with a side shifting style ditch bank.

Like this one
1412655508.jpg
goes 90° up(vertical) and about 60° down

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #14  
Great info, didn't know that existed.
It does require a 3rd line going to tank so easier to keep it up by the vavle if possible, but when you can't get a float valve it makes life easier

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower.
Absolutely want float with a verge mower. Float is not available on my Branson on the rear remotes so I came up with a alternative that works well for me. I added a hydraulic solenoid valve to tie the two ports together on the remotes.

I just raise the head vertical and flip the switch and the head lowers nice and smooth. Then it will float the full stroke. Makes it cut nice and even.

View attachment 728744View attachment 728745View attachment 728746
WOW! I love that! Can I get a parts list? That's what I was after!

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #17  
Look at the volume differences between the rod end cylinder volume and the other end.

/ Adding a float function to my rear Remotes for a ditch bank mower. #18  
So I plumb this into both lines and I spin the knob and it floats? Why would I need a line to go back into the tank?
If you want full stroke no matter where the rod is extended when you switch the valve. Just as an example, if you have the rod fully extended and then twist the ball valve, the rod will not move, at all. That is why you would always need to fully retract the rod and then switch the ball valve. If you are fine with that, you're all set. Otherwise the hoses need to be tied into a tank port so that the fluid has someplace to flow.

OK, I think I can understand that. It looks like the guy using the solenoid setup on the Branson tractor, does not use a line going back to the tank (it looks like he simply ties the lines together), that must be why he specifies he puts it all the way up, hits the switch and lets it collapse back down.

Am I understanding this properly?