Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles #31  
My neighbor feeds a litter of ferrel cats last summer I saw one batting a mole around the yard I'm assuming that has something to do with the depleted mole population.

/ Eradicating moles #32  
Possibly, the same thing that got RID of a groundhog under my deck would work,,
I have NEVER seen this method mentioned.

The groundhog was happily living under the deck, coming out each evening, munching the grass for his evening meal.

Well, I decided his food did not need to be so appealing,,
I sprayed the grass with 2-4D,,

That did it, one application, he did not want to travel past the 2-4D for food, so he simply moved.

My concept was to get him further away from the deck, to give me time to take a shot.
No need to shoot, trap,, anything,,

He just left,,,

I could imagine the same thing could work for a mole,,
spray something that "treats" the lawn, but, the mole dislikes for some reason.

My application was a WIN-WIN !!
I got rid of the groundhog,, and the clover/broadleaf weeds were gone,, also. :eek:

/ Eradicating moles
I have tried traps, poison worms, etc. I am killing them, bit it’s a constant fight in my otherwise perfect back yard.

in the spring, I am going to put some of this down every 4-6 months for two years.

Texas is on the "do not sell to State list" :-(

/ Eradicating moles
Possibly, the same thing that got RID of a groundhog under my deck would work,,
I have NEVER seen this method mentioned.

The groundhog was happily living under the deck, coming out each evening, munching the grass for his evening meal.

Well, I decided his food did not need to be so appealing,,
I sprayed the grass with 2-4D,,

That did it, one application, he did not want to travel past the 2-4D for food, so he simply moved.

My concept was to get him further away from the deck, to give me time to take a shot.
No need to shoot, trap,, anything,,

He just left,,,

I could imagine the same thing could work for a mole,,
spray something that "treats" the lawn, but, the mole dislikes for some reason.

My application was a WIN-WIN !!
I got rid of the groundhog,, and the clover/broadleaf weeds were gone,, also. :eek:
Thanks CAD / 2-4-D would kill my st augustine grass...being in Va, you have a colder grade grass that les broad leaves. Im also looking into nematodes bc they kill grub larvae...someone mentioned, get rid of the grubs, and the moles will leave...

/ Eradicating moles
I believe that is pocket gophers.
JD, moles push up very small amts of dirt, but their main MO is raised or pushed up sod. Gophers are 100% mounds of dirt usually every 4-6ft. I have both gophers and moles. The gophers I easily control w Cinch traps. This thread will hopefully help me to find a permanent solution to eradicating these pests. If I do, I will certainly post my findings....thanks

/ Eradicating moles #40  
Thanks CAD / 2-4-D would kill my st augustine grass...being in Va, you have a colder grade grass that les broad leaves. Im also looking into nematodes bc they kill grub larvae...someone mentioned, get rid of the grubs, and the moles will leave...
You can get rid of all the grubs you want, but if you have earthworms, that's their primary food. You can spray all the weed killer you want, but moles eat meat. It won't change a thing. The only way to eliminate the mole's food source (worms and insect larvae) is to make your lawn a sterile growing medium for grass. And that means chemicals that kill every worm and insect. Trapping is still the best way. I don't care for poisoning animals.