Branson 2515H tractor

/ Branson 2515H tractor #11  
Prom: Consider spending some time reading reviews of Branson company - and how they address issues. I was shocked at reading the Better Business Bureau report. Maybe not so much the issues, but that Branson DIDN'T do anything meaningful to resolve the issues, even with the awful reviews.
Were I buying my first tractor, I'd go with one of the big 2. There are reasons they are, where they are, in the market place.

Sure good advice, I read through these before purchasing my Branson tractor last spring. You can also pull up reports on every brand including the "big 2". Branson is currently building a very robust and reliable tractor but, as with all tractors they are not perfect. The "big 2" have their share of problems as well and you need to look no further than this forum.

Bottom line is do your homework and buy a tractor with enough weight and horsepower to meet your needs. 25 hp with the heavy robust Branson can put limitations on certain uses because it take horsepower to move weight. Dealer support is good to have but at times overrated. The dealer network of the 'big 2" is far superior with out a doubt. I have needed no support from my dealer at this time only a few parts and that was not an issue.

If you are purchasing a tractor for the long haul and not a couple of years then you need to consider the emissions setup for a tractor over 25 hp. Branson's decision to stay simple and avoid an ECM and the myriad of sensors required support the on board computer puts them in a class of their own. Getting a check engine light in your personal auto most likely requires a trip to your mechanic, or dealer, unless you own a code reader. Getting a check engine light on a tractor (and its not a matter of "if" but "when") or worse yet having it go into limp mode is beyond inconvenient and expensive to repair once your warranty is gone.

Everyone has their reasons for selecting a brand. I have friends and family who own "the big 2". For some, their tractors have serviced them well and others its been a nightmare. You will find happy and unhappy with every brand out there.

/ Branson 2515H tractor #12  
I'm considering purchasing this Branson 2515H tractor? Wondering if anyone has one and what they think about it?

Also what type of fuel consumption I would expect? The operation rpms is 2100. It 24hp engine. It nearly 3000lbs in weight.
I think you will be disappointed. I had a 2400 weighing about 1800# plus FEL. It had plenty of power but being a small tractor it was only large enough to do small jobs....reason for the purchase. Neighbor just bought a 4815C with FEL and he has plenty of power. If you are into small jobs maybe you will be ok. Just don't expect a boy to do a man's job.

/ Branson 2515H tractor
Sure good advice, I read through these before purchasing my Branson tractor last spring. You can also pull up reports on every brand including the "big 2". Branson is currently building a very robust and reliable tractor but, as with all tractors they are not perfect. The "big 2" have their share of problems as well and you need to look no further than this forum.

Bottom line is do your homework and buy a tractor with enough weight and horsepower to meet your needs. 25 hp with the heavy robust Branson can put limitations on certain uses because it take horsepower to move weight. Dealer support is good to have but at times overrated. The dealer network of the 'big 2" is far superior with out a doubt. I have needed no support from my dealer at this time only a few parts and that was not an issue.

If you are purchasing a tractor for the long haul and not a couple of years then you need to consider the emissions setup for a tractor over 25 hp. Branson's decision to stay simple and avoid an ECM and the myriad of sensors required support the on board computer puts them in a class of their own. Getting a check engine light in your personal auto most likely requires a trip to your mechanic, or dealer, unless you own a code reader. Getting a check engine light on a tractor (and its not a matter of "if" but "when") or worse yet having it go into limp mode is beyond inconvenient and expensive to repair once your warranty is gone.

Everyone has their reasons for selecting a brand. I have friends and family who own "the big 2". For some, their tractors have serviced them well and others its been a nightmare. You will find happy and unhappy with every brand out there.
I have learned from experience that I don't base my decision few bad reports from the BBB. Even reviews on products in general. I can't tell how many times I have read a bad review, but when I read between the lines I find it is customer expectations issue not a product issue. I have bought stuff that had like a 4.8 star review only to have it be defective. Even a good product at time will slip pass quality control into the hands of the consumer. That's where manufacturer warranty comes in. Anyone who has a bad experience with electrical issues with like a car, knows it's a bad in the ass. That's why I'm looking at Branson's tractors. Also considering T474 & T494 because the both have same engine manufacturer

/ Branson 2515H tractor
I do not know where you are in Florida. If you reside in north Florida Lee's Custom Service is a well regarded Branson dealer who has been in business a long time selling/servicing ONLY Branson tractors.

I live Ocala, FL. I have 2 dealers I could deal with. I one about 10 miles and one about 60 miles way (Brooksville) Unfortunately, The one that is 60 miles away is the ones the one that's give me the warmest fuzzy feelings. Though I think the on that's closer to me would be fine also. I will check out north Florida Lee's Custom Service. Thanks Jeff

Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor #15  
I can give you a small amount of feedback . I have 60 hours on a Branson 2515H , 2020 . I did not buy it to farm or plow or Mow 20 acres. Even though we have a 113 acre's 85 of it is wooded and the front 25 is leased to the farmer next door . For the math people 3 acres for the house ... 2 years ago we had it logged off and the mess that was left behind is tremendous .

I looked for a year at different MFG , Models and pricing . I won't go through the good and bad of every one I looked at but the dealer should play a major roll in the purchase . I found a Great dealer about 28 miles away and he will pick it up and drop it off anytime I need service .

I felt the Branson by far gave me the most options for my money ! It has a large frame and one of the heaviest in it's class. The loader is rated at 2200#s and it has never struggled to pick anything up . I choose the 25Hp motor because it has no Regen or ECU running things, just a well built easy to work on Diesel ! This thing turns on a dime and gets into places bigger tractors can't . At this moment I have a Grapple, Box blade and tooth bar for loader work .

Now the bad. Yes "C" range is useless anywhere except the road . I'm mostly in the woods so "A" range it is . That's it ! nothing else yet to complain about . I do know that a 5 ft Brush hog will slow the tractor down that's why I'm going with a Flail Mower . Yes you will compromise having only 25HP but once you learn how to use the implements for your purposes it will be fine.

Fuel usage ? I have said this to my wife 100 times so far... Look, we did all that work for around $6.00 bucks. I have zero complaints ! Going from a 4 wheeler and a wagon that we have to fill by hand to a Tractor . All I can do is smile :)

Probably 20 guys on here have told me I should have bought one twice that size. I'll save the Cab and the 50 HP for Retirement , It will give me something to look forward to .

/ Branson 2515H tractor #16  
I have learned from experience that I don't base my decision few bad reports from the BBB. Even reviews on products in general. I can't tell how many times I have read a bad review, but when I read between the lines I find it is customer expectations issue not a product issue. I have bought stuff that had like a 4.8 star review only to have it be defective. Even a good product at time will slip pass quality control into the hands of the consumer. That's where manufacturer warranty comes in. Anyone who has a bad experience with electrical issues with like a car, knows it's a bad in the ass. That's why I'm looking at Branson's tractors. Also considering T474 & T494 because the both have same engine manufacturer
I agree, these reports can be scary until you read between the lines. To draw any reasonable conclusion a buyer really needs to know how many units are in use, as well as annual sales. Any manufacturer that deals on a large scale customer basis will have complaints. Some legit and some not. I really believe the manufacturer can benefit more from reading through complaints than the consumer.

You may or may not know TYM owns Branson. TYM is a large company and it is my understanding they build some other brands of tractors as well. Some on the forum are more "in the know" with regard to the reaches of the TYM company.
I purchased last April and my choices came down to Branson and TYM. The TYM when comparing apples to apples offered a few more options than Branson. Availability is why I ended up with the Branson. Simply put I could not get the TYM I wanted within 500 miles of my home. No regrets with the Branson. I have a fair amount of mechanical experience and while I can't see into the transmissions and differential cases to inspect gear sets or bearings, when I look at the quality of the parts and materials used in the overall construction of the tractor I do see a very robust machine. A warranty can be (not always) a reflection of build quality.

Kind regards,
Norm

/ Branson 2515H tractor
I agree, these reports can be scary until you read between the lines. To draw any reasonable conclusion a buyer really needs to know how many units are in use, as well as annual sales. Any manufacturer that deals on a large scale customer basis will have complaints. Some legit and some not. I really believe the manufacturer can benefit more from reading through complaints than the consumer.

You may or may not know TYM owns Branson. TYM is a large company and it is my understanding they build some other brands of tractors as well. Some on the forum are more "in the know" with regard to the reaches of the TYM company.
I purchased last April and my choices came down to Branson and TYM. The TYM when comparing apples to apples offered a few more options than Branson. Availability is why I ended up with the Branson. Simply put I could not get the TYM I wanted within 500 miles of my home. No regrets with the Branson. I have a fair amount of mechanical experience and while I can't see into the transmissions and differential cases to inspect gear sets or bearings, when I look at the quality of the parts and materials used in the overall construction of the tractor I do see a very robust machine. A warranty can be (not always) a reflection of build quality.

Kind regards,
Norm
Yes, I'm familiar with tym. I'm still think about getting t474 tractor or t494. I was told that they more plastic like for the hood. I could have been told wrong though. I have tym, Branson, LS, Kubuda, John Deere, kioti, New Holland, Bad boy (made by Branson), dealers in my area. Most with in 20 miles or closer. If you have any other input? Just let me know.
Thanks Norm

/ Branson 2515H tractor #18  
Yes, I'm familiar with tym. I'm still think about getting t474 tractor or t494. I was told that they more plastic like for the hood. I could have been told wrong though. I have tym, Branson, LS, Kubuda, John Deere, kioti, New Holland, Bad boy (made by Branson), dealers in my area. Most with in 20 miles or closer. If you have any other input? Just let me know.
Thanks Norm
The TYM tractor is like the RK tractor they build, it’s all plastic. Some like that, some don’t... but I’ve heard good things about TYM and now they use the Kukje power plant in some models

/ Branson 2515H tractor #19  
I live Ocala, FL. I will check out north Florida Lee's Custom Service in Branford. Thanks Jeff

It is best to have warranty work performed at the dealer where you purchase your tractor. Due to manufacture's skimpy warranty reimbursement to dealers and slowness of reimbursement, many dealers are reluctant to take on warranty work unless the tractor is purchased from the dealer.

Brandford is 80 miles from Ocala, therefore 4 X 80 mile segments = 320 miles, two round trips, for you or the dealer to trailer tractor for service. Expensive transport, whether you drive or Lee drives.

Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor #20  
I think you would be very happy with the Branson. When I was trying to buy one almost 3 years ago, there were none to be had.... they released all the info / hype, but the tractors didn't hit the lots for almost 6 months later.... in the meantime waiting for the 2515, I purchased my LS. Been very happy with it.