Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #22  
well the resale on the Deere is going to be twice what the LS would be and parts and service is much better on the Deere so it is a no brainer but that being said buy the one you like best. Good luck

That's what Tim (from Tractor Time with Tim) said to me at the Farm Machinery Show when I told him I bought a new New Holland tractor last winter. I do not agree. Previous to my purchase, we had a 21 year old New Holland tractor that was likely $13k or so new. With 21 years of HARD use on it, battered and beaten, we got $8,500 trade in no questions asked. A Deere would bring no more, and maybe less. (I'm assuming that people know the LS and New Holland small machines are the same now).

I own a JD 2025r, a slightly larger version of what you are looking at. I owned a Kubota BX before. The Kubota BX did not have any kind of auto connect deck where my JD does. I like the auto connect deck a lot. I often left the deck on the Kubota when I should have taken it off. The deck on the Kubota wasn’t hard to take off, just not as easy.

JD makes good tractors, the 1025r is very popular, they have a very strong dealer network. I don’t know a lot about LS, from reading this forum I think they are probably good machines also. $7k to 8k is a lot of money but if you are borrowing and the 0% works out the same.

I agree, if he's wanting a belly mower then the quick attach system would be worth its weight in gold.

/ Help on new purchase
That's what Tim (from Tractor Time with Tim) said to me at the Farm Machinery Show when I told him I bought a new New Holland tractor last winter. I do not agree. Previous to my purchase, we had a 21 year old New Holland tractor that was likely $13k or so new. With 21 years of HARD use on it, battered and beaten, we got $8,500 trade in no questions asked. A Deere would bring no more, and maybe less. (I'm assuming that people know the LS and New Holland small machines are the same now).

I agree, if he's wanting a belly mower then the quick attach system would be worth its weight in gold.

yes, my main use for the tractor would be mowing/lawn clean up which the pto driven bagger will work fantastic for what i need. i only have a little over an acre so this machine should be a perfect size for what i need. i have a little wooded area on the property too that a loader would come in handy and possibly to add a wood chipper/stump grinder to clean up some downed trees. snowblowing in the winter will be quick and easy as well. It would be nice to have an all in one machine to handle what i need and will be able to handle whatever i throw at it in the future

/ Help on new purchase #24  
I would really look into used machines. If you don't need it today you would probably be better off waiting on a good used one to come up. I got mine at a good dealer that was a trade in, for what looks like a smokin deal last summer. You would still be able to finance in the attachments you want if it were at a dealer. I've got less than half that cost in mine with a loader, 4' bush hog, 60 inch quick connect mower deck, 4' box blade, and 50" tiller. It is older 2014 model but only had 260 hours on it. You will typically see the tractor, loader and belly mower about 15-16k around here.

The quick connect deck is awesome. I take it off a whole lot since this is my only tractor. It only gave me grief once and that was because I forgot to set the height adjuster for attaching it.

/ Help on new purchase #25  
I am a big fan of the LS, having owned mine for 10 years, but I think the auto Connect mower deck is too good to pass up.

as you get experience using implements , you will see that some are a pain in the rear to hook up. Anything that makes it easier, is a good thing.

/ Help on new purchase #26  
Look at what the two are made out of. How thick is the material on the mower deck? Fender hood dash metal or plastic? Plan on doing a lot of loader work? IMO You will want a heavier machine.
How much do you plan on using the machine? Just a few hours a week in the summer and less in the winter.....maybe you do not need a new machine. Lots of money to be lost in depreciation in the first two three years. Maybe for only a couple of hundred hours of use. It is your choice. No matter the machine you chose it is a consideration.
Both machines are made in China so that "made in USA"is not an issue. Just the colour of the paint and what the capabilities of each are. So check out hydraulic flow ,any remotes on the rear? ,lift capacities of loader and 3pt ,yes more is better for both. PTO HP for mid and rear PTOs are meaningful to if you are using this for mowing an acreage. Bag capacity and ease of mounting dismounting and dumping. 28 -35k is a lot of money. Take your time check double check and triple check if need. Doesn't hurt to ask if you [not the sales man] can mount/dis mount anything that you are able to take off of it too
Might wanna check the financing costs out too. That Deere seems to be 4k more after financing.....then again I am doing the math on that. Check it yourself .
Good luck
Neither are made in China: Deere is Yanmar = Japan; LS is S. Korean

/ Help on new purchase #27  
That's what Tim (from Tractor Time with Tim) said to me at the Farm Machinery Show when I told him I bought a new New Holland tractor last winter. I do not agree.
All one has to do is check out the prices of used tractors of all brands to know the trade-in value claim is hokum. JD and Kubota might get a premium price at trade-in but with similar tractors with similar hours and condition the premium will be about equal to the premium paid when new. That was about 10% when I was looking

/ Help on new purchase #28  
well the resale on the Deere is going to be twice what the LS would be and parts and service is much better on the Deere so it is a no brainer but that being said buy the one you like best. Good luck
This is BS as far as resale. I had my MT125 for 26 months, 220 hours, and sold it for $500 less than I paid for it! There are quite a few members on here that also have similar experience.

Yes, the Deere will sell for more, but you are also paying a lot more to begin with. No, if you go to trade in the LS, you might take a hit at a different color dealer.

Calculating out your numbers, still results in you saving +/- 3K if you purchased the LS:
$28,000 compounded interest at 3.99% for 84 months = $4100
JD price at $35000 - $4100 = $2900 in savings.

Also, compare specs:
JD loader 836 lbs.... LS loader 1008 lbs.
JD hood / fenders plastic, metal on the LS.
the LS does have cruise standard.
PTO hp is basically the same, Engines are the same Yanmars.

Go and sit on both, see which is more comfortable for YOU to use.
They are both good tractors, both will do work.

For what it's worth, here is a video comparison

/ Help on new purchase
This is BS as far as resale. I had my MT125 for 26 months, 220 hours, and sold it for $500 less than I paid for it! There are quite a few members on here that also have similar experience.

Yes, the Deere will sell for more, but you are also paying a lot more to begin with. No, if you go to trade in the LS, you might take a hit at a different color dealer.

Calculating out your numbers, still results in you saving +/- 3K if you purchased the LS:
$28,000 compounded interest at 3.99% for 84 months = $4100
JD price at $35000 - $4100 = $2900 in savings.

Also, compare specs:
JD loader 836 lbs.... LS loader 1008 lbs.
JD hood / fenders plastic, metal on the LS.
the LS does have cruise standard.
PTO hp is basically the same, Engines are the same Yanmars.

Go and sit on both, see which is more comfortable for YOU to use.
They are both good tractors, both will do work.

For what it's worth, here is a video comparison
Thanks for the info! Still debating on what to do lol

/ Help on new purchase #30  
Have you seen the SA424 or the SA324?? Nice 6 year
warranty and I believe they have a bumper to bumper
warranty don't remember the time frame. They also
have a nice discount.

willy