Proposed update to front porch forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #311  
Who says you can't tax stupidity?
True statement, I resemble that remark...and I freely admit it. BTW, this European skirmish may create some nice buying opportunities in the markets. I like to gamble there too.

Kevin

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #312  
True statement, I resemble that remark...and I freely admit it. BTW, this European skirmish may create some nice buying opportunities in the markets. I like to gamble there too.

Kevin
Good luck. I've never known a Day Trader that didn't eventually end up broke. And I've known my share.

Seriously, good luck.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #313  
I was talking politics/inflation at a bar with two old friends of mine a few weeks ago. One is apolitical, the other leans liberal, I'm libertarian on most subjects. I could tell the apolitical friend was getting annoyed right away. After about 5 minutes he says "well, I'm going to gamble" and stood up and walked away to a gambling machine. My slightly liberal friend and I carried on for about 20 minutes or so and finally agreed to disagree on several points of view. There wasn't much talking after that, just gambling. Illinois has machines in every bar now and it has really cut down on beer drinking discussions.

Kevin
I wonder why politics and religion are not allowed anywhere anymore. That was the rule here in the US at the dinner table; especially, with guests. Not in France or Germany or anywhere I have been to in Europe.

Forum rules that gag people from discussing matters impacting their lives have a purpose. Getting hog-tied is for farm animals headed for slaughter.

By the way, East Central Ilinois would be near the Fox river? There are some nice bars in Geneva.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #314  
I wonder why politics and religion are not allowed anywhere anymore. That was the rule here in the US at the dinner table; especially, with guests. Not in France or Germany or anywhere I have been to in Europe.

Forum rules that gag people from discussing matters impacting their lives have a purpose. Getting hog-tied is for farm animals headed for slaughter.

By the way, East Central Ilinois would be near the Fox river? There are some nice bars in Geneva.
There are plenty of other forums that cater to what you apparently want to discuss. So why not test the waters over there for a while?

Again, if you have any more questions about the moderation here, feel free to PM the owners.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #316  
We will all get peace one day. Don't push it.

I noticed that you are in a competition here for top poster position with Hay Dude breathing down your neck. Is there money in this?

Check your tally charts. Im in a distant 3rd place.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #317  
Definitely not 44. Could be 46. I don't keep track of these things anymore. Have not celebrated birthdays, weddings, funerals since I went spiritual. Join date 1/14/22. Birth date 8/27/76.

You made me go off topic. Are you a moderator?
I was just asking for clarity since you have reported two ages.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #318  

Not at all near the Fox river or Geneva.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #319  
There are plenty of other forums that cater to what you apparently want to discuss. So why not test the waters over there for a while?
You misunderstand me. I have no business objecting to how you want to run your show. It's not about me. Obviously, there are members here who want to talk with each other about politics and religion after the day is done and their tractors are back in their sheds. Their intimations are ignored and dismissed.

Can't you set aside a sub-forum to let your members unwind and share opinions on matters that they feel are meaningful to their lives? If we can talk about stew recipes and guns, why not politics and religion?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #320  
Good luck. I've never known a Day Trader that didn't eventually end up broke. And I've known my share.
I did make quite a bit of money day trading currencies. I am, by nature, not a gambler but the cash was parked and doing nothing at the time in one of my offshore accounts. My relationship manager said he could let me trade on a 100 to 1 margin. I was tempted and the Devil got me. I made a couple of trades, not on the computer but through calls to my relationship manger in Singapore from Amsterdam. The memory of that experience still send shivers down my spine. I made enough money in one trade to buy myself a brand new fully loaded BMW 745 listed at $70,000.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.