Proposed update to front porch forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #301  
Re sree251

I don't foresee anyone being turfed out if one keeps a cool head, observes etiquette and sticks well away from subjects that's best avoided.

In time if it's a case of mistaken identity (transference) people will come to realise it.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #302  
I think it has something to do with the autosave feature while you're typing.

For example, I'll reply to someone and it'll put their quote at the top. I'll decide not to reply, or delete their quote, then go off to another page for a while. I come back to that thread later and decide to reply to someone else, but the quote from the first time I was there is still there, but above the second person I'm quoting. It was auto-saved before I left, and now it's up higher in the window the 2nd time I'm in there, but don't see it, because it got pushed up.

Long-winded, but I hope that makes sense.
Yep. Tells me us old guys need to focus and finish things before jumping off to something else..... ;)

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #306  
I don't foresee anyone being turfed out if one keeps a cool head, observes etiquette and sticks well away from subjects that's best avoided.
It would be like talking to one's wife. Who would want that?

Coming here ought to be like coming to a bar for a chat about serious things with fellowmen, guys. Apparently, this is a dead tradition.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #307  

Coming here ought to be like coming to a bar for a chat about serious things with fellowmen, guys. Apparently, this is a dead tradition.
You are profound for being 44. Or is it 46? You've said both.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #308  
Let's see, on the one hand, go to a bar and talk to the guys. On the other hand, go out with my wife, Morgan Fairchild.

Hmmm....

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #309  

I was talking politics/inflation at a bar with two old friends of mine a few weeks ago. One is apolitical, the other leans liberal, I'm libertarian on most subjects. I could tell the apolitical friend was getting annoyed right away. After about 5 minutes he says "well, I'm going to gamble" and stood up and walked away to a gambling machine. My slightly liberal friend and I carried on for about 20 minutes or so and finally agreed to disagree on several points of view. There wasn't much talking after that, just gambling. Illinois has machines in every bar now and it has really cut down on beer drinking discussions.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.