My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #551  
It is way better than I ever thought. With the right angle of the bucket, clay rolls off the blade like a dozer's blade. I only catch and cut the roots with the center of the blade reinforced by the bucket's teeth.
hugs, Brandi
That is a great idea!

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Good to see you are still at it! Hope things go well this summer!
Thanks 25cent score!
Oh, I can't wait for summer and getting hot and drinking pickle juice to stop muscle cramps from getting too hot.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Price your lumber like the lumber yard and there should be enough 2x4s in that "toothpick " to pay for the mill !!
The mill has been paid for going on 4 years now.
hugs, Brandi

I took the backhoe off of my tractor so I could use the landplane in helping out with the sawmill shed pad. But I miss the weight of the backhoe. I don't like curling a log off of a trailer and getting that "my butt is floating" feeling.

So I cut a Red oak down to 9 feet and squared in up to a 15 inch square. My calculations and the seat of my pants say the landplane now weighs about what the backhoe does.
Landplane Weight.jpg
Landplane Weight Back View.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #560  
I took the backhoe off of my tractor so I could use the landplane in helping out with the sawmill shed pad. But I miss the weight of the backhoe. I don't like curling a log off of a trailer and getting that "my butt is floating" feeling.

So I cut a Red oak down to 9 feet and squared in up to a 15 inch square. My calculations and the seat of my pants say the landplane now weighs about what the backhoe does.View attachment 741773View attachment 741774
hugs, Brandi
I have that same landplane, but in brown (bought it at a Kubota/Land Pride dealer).

Is your 7' or 8'? Hard to tell in the pic. Mine is the 7'. Wish I had an 8'

CT