My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
I have that same landplane, but in brown (bought it at a Kubota/Land Pride dealer).

Is your 7' or 8'? Hard to tell in the pic. Mine is the 7'. Wish I had an 8'

CT
CT,
The key to the width was in the caption.:ninja: The Red Oak is 9 feet wide, a little wider (second photo) than the landplane at 8 feet.;) Where are you located in LA.?
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #562  
CT,
The key to the width was in the caption.:ninja: The Red Oak is 9 feet wide, a little wider (second photo) than the landplane at 8 feet.;) Where are you located in LA.?
hugs, Brandi
I was reading this in the earlier hours of the day. My context clues were not on point! Though using your tractor as a gauge, I knew it was at least 7'. :cool:

Natchitoches, LA

CT

I was reading this in the earlier hours of the day. My context clues were not on point! Though using your tractor as a gauge, I knew it was at least 7'. :cool:

Natchitoches, LA

CT
Well howdy neighbor!
Yeah, I wanted it wide enough to cover the rear tires. Lower gears are a must.
hugs, Brandi

I think I got the sawmill shed pad leveled. I will find out when my concrete guy stops by with his rotary laser.
Sawmill Shed Pad Across Gully 6-28-22.jpg
Sawmill Shed Pad East End 5-28-22.jpg
Sawmill Shed Pad West End 5-28-22.jpg

Now I have decided to take out more trees behind it so I can have more room to drive behind it. So the CAT will get to do more tree carnage with its 28 inch digging bucket.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #565  
The good old Mk.1. eyeball is pretty good at determining a level area... it's what I used when levelling the area for the pad of my 5-bay shed. Yes, the later use of a laser found a 'mound' that was quickly corrected.

Ya done good!

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #566  
I think I got the sawmill shed pad leveled. I will find out when my concrete guy stops by with his rotary laser.View attachment 748573View attachment 748574View attachment 748575

Now I have decided to take out more trees behind it so I can have more room to drive behind it. So the CAT will get to do more tree carnage with its 28 inch digging bucket.
hugs, Brandi
Pad kooks good.

You concerned about wildfire, Brandi? That forest looks pretty dense. I have taken out 100-150 trees in the past 2 years in order to improve wildfire resistance.

Here's to more tree carnage.

Pad kooks good.

You concerned about wildfire, Brandi? That forest looks pretty dense. I have taken out 100-150 trees in the past 2 years in order to improve wildfire resistance.

Here's to more tree carnage.
We don't have wildfires or wind here. Our wind, and wind farms, are/is out in West Texas and the Panhandle. East Texas is thick all like this. We don't have canyons that impede road travel and speed up the winds in a frenzy.

The last photo, above, shows a thick buffer zone I left where the neighbors live close to my fence. It is here where I will take a few trees out. Eventually, I will put up a 8 foot wood fence. Then clear it out like I like the other photos on earlier pages here.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #569  
Looks like my pond. At least I was able to spray the water weeds, then bush hog them down.

Has been raining here some. This week is supposed to "bring on the noise!" Raining heavily right now.

CT

Charles,
Lucky you!
All our big storms split apart before they get here. Everyday we just get 14 drops. I know, as I counted them.🙄
hugs, Brandi