My solar set a new record yesterday

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have a ground mount 7.53 kW system that I installed. Yesterday it produced 56 kW with a peak of 7.1 kW at about noon. That’s a 94% efficiency. I set the panels at 25 degree so May and November produce my greatest outputs.

So far this month I produced more power than I used every day.

Gotta love that desert sun!

35C4DFAD-F9C0-4E4E-A780-FD5F555DD062.jpeg

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #2  
Congratulations! Who is the local utility?

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #4  
So tell us what they are paying you for the overage? Bet it's not the billed KWH rate.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday
So tell us what they are paying you for the overage? Bet it's not the billed KWH rate.
No, but it’s enough that last year my total usage bill was $165 and this year tracking about the same. 2460 SF all electric house except for the propane standby generator.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #6  
What works for you don't necessarily work for everyone. Up here we have more overcast days than sunny ones.

Curious as the what your system cost complete with storage batteries and controllers?

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #7  
What works for you don't necessarily work for everyone. Up here we have more overcast days than sunny ones.

Curious as the what your system cost complete with storage batteries and controllers?
Where I live many people have home solar systems, but few are off grid with storage batteries. Most do net metering connected to a power company. When the system is producing power, it goes into the grid and the meter spins backwards. When the house demand is greater than the system is producing, the meter spins forward. The bill is adjusted accordingly. My neighbor gets a check from the electric company every six months because his system produces more than he uses.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #8  
Where I live many people have home solar systems, but few are off grid with storage batteries. Most do net metering connected to a power company. When the system is producing power, it goes into the grid and the meter spins backwards. When the house demand is greater than the system is producing, the meter spins forward. The bill is adjusted accordingly. My neighbor gets a check from the electric company every six months because his system produces more than he uses.
It is sunny and dry in NM, much more so than here.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #10  
It is sunny and dry in NM, much more so than here.
They still generate excess power during the rainy season. Cloudy weather still generates power. Only darkness shuts down the power generation. The systems are of course less effective during cloudy days. But that’s when some is purchased from the power company. Better to buy power sometimes than everyday. We get more cloudy and wintry days than I think most people realize.