What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties?

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #61  
You are cheap are cheap 0r like my wife says, 'frugal'. So am I actually, why I buy mine at Harbor Freight.
“Tight” is the word. For me anyway.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #62  
I've saved those long TIES that they use for election posters.

Handy around a tractor for hoses etc.
Dan things are sure costly.

I rigged a hook blade at the end of a pole so as to liberate them from arms length.
They are cheap at Harbor Freight

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #63  
To circumcise or not circumcise, that is the question. German helmets or anteaters....such a quandary.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #64  
Some of you guys must go crazy watching TV cop shows where somebody uses zip ties to secure a hostage's hands. I can see you now, screaming at the screen "CUT THOSE ZIP TIE TAILS, FOOL!"

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #65  
Some of you guys must go crazy watching TV cop shows where somebody uses zip ties to secure a hostage's hands. I can see you now, screaming at the screen "CUT THOSE ZIP TIE TAILS, FOOL!"

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #66  
The zip ties on my heat ducts are big and expensive. A web search told me how to release them for reuse and that's what I do.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #67  
After seeing the ads for Reacher I though the must be a giant. Alan Ritchson who plays the part is listed as 6'2". Way taller than me but, certainly not a giant.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #68  
Seriously? :)
So I can RE-USE them later.

There are zip-tie tools that allow you to re-use them for other uses. Once you trim a zip-tie, you are stuck with the length and smaller.

For people who use them just once, then yeah, trim them down please.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #69  
I used stainless steel zip ties to secure heat shielding around hoses on my track car. Those suckers were expensive. Not reusable and had to be trimmed.

/ What Is Wrong With People Who Don't Trim Their Zipties? #70  
What's wrong with people who insist their way is the only right way to do something?

Someone else's zip tie habits have a GAF factor approaching zero for me. I only read this thread because it seemed so adamant that I figured I would learn something I didn't know about zip ties...if I am zip tying something it is because it is quick (zip). I certainly don't want to go back and make them look pretty. If that was the important factor, maybe I would use something else to fasten things.