Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #21  
I had some used metal valve stems that I put in mine. Works so much better now.

That'd work great. Pull the actual valve and bob's yer uncle.
And then for real speed hook the valve up to an air compressor!! :)
I put the can in the loader bucket, raise it up and use one of those to get the fuel running.
Yea, I've been doing that for years. Especially with my 14 gallon container.

Attachments

• 8oo-20180707_182913.jpg
    8oo-20180707_182913.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 199

/ Pouring fuel from cans
And then for real speed hook the valve up to an air compressor!! :)
I took my brand new yellow fuel cans to the fuel station and failed to take the damn "guaranteed not to work" flashback protector or cheesy filter ( whatever it is) out. I was wearing a gallon of the stuff in less than a twentieth of a second.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #24  
For gas I have valve stems. For diesel (which I don't do very often) I use round plastic racing gas cans. The hole in the top is about the size of a tennis ball. The caps have the ability to have a flexible tube added to them (I think 3/4") but I just use them with a huge funnel. It takes less than a minute to put 5 gallons of fuel in. Most of the ones I see now are made by VP racing and are square.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #25  
   / Pouring fuel from cans #26  
For my gas and diesel cans I drill out the air vent with a 3/8" drill bit, then go to the hardware store and buy corks, that press fit into the hole. I do the same with missing snap on caps the filler spout when eventually fall off. Has forked for years.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #27  
   / Pouring fuel from cans #28  
I get the reasoning behind trying to control the vapors, especially with gas, but always thought the new designs actually released more vapors by causing spills from poorly designed nozzle tips/valves.

I found these at tractor supply for diesel, and the oem sells them for gasoline as well (I now have both, about one year old).

There is a manual vent opposite the spout, it works like a dream! The spout is actually well done as well using
1655737712736.png
1655738085329.png
a large and sturdy 'trigger' to rest on the lip of the receiving container.

Anyway, not affiliated in anyway, just stoked to find a can that actually works well.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #29  
Or...... you can get one of these:

Works great, will pump a 5gal can in under 2 minutes. I made a little wheeled cart to move around. Only lift the can out of the truck.....

Here is the cart:View attachment 750469

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
1655741759272.jpeg
1655741759272.jpeg
Poor Man's version.