Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #32  

lman

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland 3040, New Holland 1530, Oliver 1850
I get the reasoning behind trying to control the vapors, especially with gas, but always thought the new designs actually released more vapors by causing spills from poorly designed nozzle tips/valves.

I found these at tractor supply for diesel, and the oem sells them for gasoline as well (I now have both, about one year old).

There is a manual vent opposite the spout, it works like a dream! The spout is actually well done as well usingView attachment 750777View attachment 750778 a large and sturdy 'trigger' to rest on the lip of the receiving container.

Anyway, not affiliated in anyway, just stoked to find a can that actually works well.
I looked at those but I just couldn't do it. Almost $50 for a 5 gal. can was too much.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #33  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
Iuse the cheapest can i can find , install a flex tip and then install a vent. Throw out internal screen and foolish 5 arm required pour spout.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #35  

ParkWhite

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492
I got the same pump at Harbor Freight and use it to pump off road diesel out of a 55 gal drum. This eliminates a lot of trips to refill 5 gal fuel cans every season. I use barrel lifting chains to move the 55 gal drum using a tractor FEL.

I use a 30 amp hour wheel chair battery for power which I swap back and forth to power my fence row spray pump.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #36  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
   / Pouring fuel from cans #37  

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
We switched to steel class II? cans years ago which have a 7/8th flexible spout. Yes they cost more but are leak proof, drain fast and last for years. We used to get these for $80.....

You still have to lift it and hold it there. I don't lift cans any more except to get them in the back of the truck after I fill them--I went electric. I don't care what kind of spout it has now. With my auto shutoff pump, I can even fill a lawnmower tank without spillage.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #38  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
You still have to lift it and hold it there. I don't lift cans any more except to get them in the back of the truck after I fill them--I went electric. I don't care what kind of spout it has now. With my auto shutoff pump, I can even fill a lawnmower tank without spillage.
I'm not certain of the OPer, but much of the fuel we use is in the field and no power is aviable.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #39  

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
I'm not certain of the OPer, but much of the fuel we use is in the field and no power is aviable.
I use two battery powered pumps. They use AAA batteries. If you can tot a can, you can carry a pump. ;)

/ Pouring fuel from cans #40  

TractorTYMe

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T474 HST
I found this in the toss pile at work with a non-working swiwel pump. Took it home and bought a Harbor Freight pump. Voila - 30 gallon fuel cart made in USA for $42.00

IMG_3508.jpg