Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #2  
I had some used metal valve stems that I put in mine. Works so much better now.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #3  
Those DEFINITELY WORK!. I couldn't believe how fast they allowed to pour.... almost too fast!

/ Pouring fuel from cans #6  
Great idea, thanks for sharing. I like the shorter pour time and the batteries won't ever go dead!!

/ Pouring fuel from cans #7  
IMG_2544.JPG

A siphon / shaker hose. Set the can on the fender, shake the hose a couple times, then go check the fluids, etc.. for a couple minutes while the can empties itself.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #8  
I should make a video,, (Somebody probably has??)
ANYWAYS,,,
instead of pouring any jug with the spout "down", pour with the spout rotated 90 or 180 degrees.

When the jug is rotated, there is much more room for air to enter.
This works for oil and antifreeze gallon jugs especially well.
It also works on 5 gallon jugs.
Also, when an oil 5 quart container is poured when rotated, it is almost impossible to spill oil.
(The pour opening is MUCH closer to the hole you are pouring into)
Many times, you can pour oil directly into an engine fill opening, without a funnel.

It is AMAZING how much faster a container will empty when there is no glug, glug, glug happening

As the pour jug approaches being empty, you can rotate the pour spout back to the bottom, to finish emptying.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #9  
View attachment 750423

A siphon / shaker hose. Set the can on the fender, shake the hose a couple times, then go check the fluids, etc.. for a couple minutes while the can empties itself.
I put the can in the loader bucket, raise it up and use one of those to get the fuel running.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #10  
I keep my diesel in military Jerry cans along with a large diameter flexible metal nozzle. The can will empty in about three minuets. It's the lifting/holding of the full can that is most difficult.