Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #11  
Or...... you can get one of these:

Works great, will pump a 5gal can in under 2 minutes. I made a little wheeled cart to move around. Only lift the can out of the truck.....

Here is the cart: 2EE22BF4-638F-4825-9CA2-3705468BF766.jpeg

/ Pouring fuel from cans #12  
Will gas or diesel destroy a rubber push in tire valve stem? Seeing the OP's solution with the metal cap, the tire valve stem came to mind. The push in stem may be easier to install then the OP's. Did not look for the installation instructions for the OP's Any thoughts? Jon

/ Pouring fuel from cans #13  
I’ve had metal valve stem a a diesel can for like 5 years with no issues.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #15  
Will gas or diesel destroy a rubber push in tire valve stem? Seeing the OP's solution with the metal cap, the tire valve stem came to mind. The push in stem may be easier to install then the OP's. Did not look for the installation instructions for the OP's Any thoughts? Jon
The issue with a normal push in rubber valve stem is the typical plastic gas can isn't that thick and the surface where you'd put the stem typically has a seam and isn't flat. A normal stem may not seal. This is why the ones that the OP linked are screw together valves. They are also brass and presumably the seal on them is designed for gasoline.

Basically, you drill a hole. (I'm not clear on how you get the shavings out of a gas can that has had gas in it, myself) Then attach the stem to a wire and fish the stem into place from the inside. Screw the top on from the outside. Remove the wire.

The old gas cans had spouts that worked and had vents. There's no telling how much gas has been spilled because of incredibly stupid new mandated gas can spouts. Then they don't flow, and people end up having to find ways to vent them because the new gas can designs are so messed up.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #16  
   / Pouring fuel from cans #17  
I no longer have difficulty pouring from a can. Solution: when new and empty, I write the instructions on the bottom.

:D

Bruce

/ Pouring fuel from cans #18  
   / Pouring fuel from cans #19  
I don't use the slow pour spout, I simply pour from the jug into a big funnel stuck in the tank filler neck. I agree the new spouts are a pita.....

/ Pouring fuel from cans #20  
Any time the govt gets involved, it sucks. They ruined fuel cans years ago. I loved my old jerry cans.