Post your Branson at work. Picture thread

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #83  

Those WoodMaxx are top of the line. I was gonna buy one... they're built in Akron, near my hometown of Buffalo, NY. I ended up getting an Echo Bearcat CH9540H at auction. I haven't run it yet because I still have the backhoe on the 3520H.

However last night I bought a second tractor at auction:

It was a good deal from what I could tell and fairly close by to where I'll be using it. I've been wanting another tractor so I can use the Branson for the FEL and backhoe and the other tractor for things like the finish mower, the brush hog, core aerator, post hole auger, box blade, etc.

Anyways I'll be picking it up this week and fingers crossed that it's in pretty good shape.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #84  
Hey good luck with the new tool, Bob.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #85  
Using my new to me 4720 and backhoe for the first time digging out a stump. I'm going to build a tractor/wood shed. The hoe is an Amerequip.
I did have to cheat and put my beater chain and bar on my chain saw and cut some roots.

View attachment 751143View attachment 751145View attachment 751144
I don’t think that’s cheating at all , that’s smart because I popped a hyd cylinder on my hoe trying to force it , that old beater chain is much cheaper than a hyd cylinder, smart thinkin

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #86  
Those WoodMaxx are top of the line. I was gonna buy one... they're built in Akron, near my hometown of Buffalo, NY. I ended up getting an Echo Bearcat CH9540H at auction. I haven't run it yet because I still have the backhoe on the 3520H.

However last night I bought a second tractor at auction:

It was a good deal from what I could tell and fairly close by to where I'll be using it. I've been wanting another tractor so I can use the Branson for the FEL and backhoe and the other tractor for things like the finish mower, the brush hog, core aerator, post hole auger, box blade, etc.

Anyways I'll be picking it up this week and fingers crossed that it's in pretty good shape.

Hey good luck with the new tool, Bob.

Thanks Slim. I just arranged for the shipping which is gonna be another $800 so total cost is about $3800. I can't wait to have an equipment trailer some day. Probably sooner would be better the way things are going.

I don’t think that’s cheating at all , that’s smart because I popped a hyd cylinder on my hoe trying to force it , that old beater chain is much cheaper than a hyd cylinder, smart thinkin

Totally agreed. Digging out stumps and roots is really hard on the backhoe. Much better to weaken things up with other tools when possible.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #87  
I wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a new topic so here it is. This is a specific concept that many tractor owners fail to grasp:

Tractor-Fulcrum.jpeg

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #88  
I'm not that smart Dan. Lots of rocks in Maine.
I tried to pick one of these rocks up just to see if I could.
It did pick it up but it was about all the hoe wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_6960.JPG
    IMG_6960.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 74
   / Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #89  
Just getting started on cutting up and splitting 12 cords of firewood from a load of logs that were just delivered. I plan on pulling the logs out a ways individually from the stack with the tractor so they can be bucked easily while cantilevered off the ground.
IMG_20220629_084913337.jpg

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #90  
Just getting started on cutting up and splitting 12 cords of firewood from a load of logs that were just delivered. I plan on pulling the logs out a ways individually from the stack with the tractor so they can be bucked easily while cantilevered off the ground.View attachment 752357

Man what I wouldn't give for nice straight logs like that.

Those would be made into timbers and lumber.

☺️