Compact telehandler

/ Compact telehandler #361  
   / Compact telehandler #362  
Dennis,
I read over on FF that last fall they were freezing production on the Versahandler line. One of the guys over there was in the market for a new CTL for his sawmill and farm. That is what Bobcat told him.
hugs, Brandi
Home - Giant Loaders has expanded to the North American market in 2016 and is building quite a network. It has a good alternative, whether you want a compact telehandler, a telescopic wheel loader, a mini loader, or a mini loader with short boom and increased lift capacity.

/ Compact telehandler #363  
Yep, I remember reading about them and there is a dealer in Oklahoma City.
The small Giant:
giant.JPG
giant..JPG

/ Compact telehandler #364  
Home - Giant Loaders has expanded to the North American market in 2016 and is building quite a network. It has a good alternative, whether you want a compact telehandler, a telescopic wheel loader, a mini loader, or a mini loader with short boom and increased lift capacity.
My local dealer has the compact loaders. They tried to use one of the compact loaders with forks on it to load a rental trencher on my trailer. The operator could not see the fork tips. Had to have another person direct him where to go to get under the trencher. I was so unimpressed, I didn't give it a second look.
hugs, Brandi

/ Compact telehandler #365  
I bet I could have loaded it without a spotter :D :
P6290003.JPG
P6290006.JPG

They are 6' long.

/ Compact telehandler #366  
My local dealer has the compact loaders. They tried to use one of the compact loaders with forks on it to load a rental trencher on my trailer. The operator could not see the fork tips. Had to have another person direct him where to go to get under the trencher. I was so unimpressed, I didn't give it a second look.
hugs, Brandi
I cant see them with my front loader either. Nor on any telehandler i have driven.

/ Compact telehandler #367  
hugs, Brandi

One of my buddies had a compact articulated loader. The visibility wasn’t bad but it was worthless for any grading work. Apparently it’s stability wasn’t good either. He ended up trading it for a CTL.

/ Compact telehandler #368  
Articulated loaders are cool and all, but I honestly feel that once you embrace the idea that a 4wd/4ws compact telehandler can do basically any and all FEL activities even down to digging, the only thing that would turn me back from the compact telehandler to the compact articulated loader in any brand's showroom, would be if i could not afford the telehandler but could afford the loader. And even then i might wait, or sell something else, to bridge the gap!

I think the point about seeing the 6' forks was partly that if you have long enough forks, you can lift the loader arm and curl down the forks to get them full visible UNDER the loader/fork carriage for your initial lineup/stab.

/ Compact telehandler #369  
One of my buddies had a compact articulated loader. The visibility wasn’t bad but it was worthless for any grading work. Apparently it’s stability wasn’t good either. He ended up trading it for a CTL.
In Holland it is pretty common to use a loader for grading, whether its a 2 ton compact loader or a 20 ton industrial loader levelling crushed rock roadbase. It does take some getting used to, because you have to plane the bucket on the heel and adjust your depth of cut with the bucket tilt, and slightly lift it when the bucket fills in order to maintain traction.

Last edited:
   / Compact telehandler #370  
Here are some pictures from last April pulling Willow trees at the south pond.
Before:
P8110007.JPG

Using the tree puller, view from the seat in the V417:
20220427_163728.jpg
20220427_163746.jpg

20220427_163934.jpg

Clamped on:
20220427_164028.jpg
20220427_164046.jpg

Clamped on:
20220427_165221.jpg

Pulling:
20220427_165232.jpg

Still pulling:
20220427_165248.jpg

Got a bunch:
20220427_165427.jpg

There are no after pictures because I never went back an pulled the rest of the trees (n)