Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,711  
I do not fell trees. I have seen and heard of too many situations that go wrong. I let people who know what they are doing and have insurance fell trees close to buildings. I let people who think they know what they are doing fell trees that cannot do any damage if they screw up. BTW had a so called "arborist" fell a tree near a pond and he dropped it 90* to where it should have fallen. I could tell, even with my limited knowledge, he was going about it the wrong way. Stuff happens.

As to Rambo...your comments are wise and worth heeding if the direction of fall is important. In his case, he has a tiny tractor and needs to get the root ball out with what he has. He has come up with a way that works even if it is not the "right" way or very efficient. It is interesting to see how others solve problems. I can afford to pay someone to get critical jobs done that are not in my wheelhouse. Not everyone can.

Others can learn from posts like his. Your post is also important to remind others of the dangers of "going off the reservation" so to speak.
Having seen what can happen when even a few roots are left doing this way is a good way to barber chair a tree out. Let’s put it this way I can pick a root on the opposite side of a side leaner to pull a tree around with, but sometimes that root will yank out others it will stay planted and yank a chunk off the butt log. This is a perfect example of pulling a tree around using the root to help yank it around without it pulling off the butt.
CEC2C4E0-0A06-479A-B505-DE5E597C9C14.jpeg
6073596F-2CD7-425B-9FEA-E4220CA59A29.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,712  
Without getting into political preferences, just simply stating a fact. We are typically a Democratic state because the majority of the 7 or 8 million people in NYC who vote, vote Democratic. The rest of the state only has 11 million or so residents. So to be Republican, all the voters would have to vote that way to cancel out NYC. I am sure this happens in other states too, just stating a fact, don't go gettin' all riled up here...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,713  
Works that way in all blue states even CA, I escaped from there in 85 and bailed from NC in 2007.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,714  
Unfortunately it is a generalization we get a lot, I guess it's similar to how most people feel about California, it's not just Los Angeles... San Diego may have the best weather on the planet, and I hear Northern Ca is gorgeous. I'm not sure if Hunt will admit it, but there's probably a spot in Colorado that he doesn't find completely despicable!
Albany is decent to visit, but then theres a whole lot of nothing north and west for a while before you get to civilization again!
Just razzin ya!!
And here is my favorite pictures of that nasty place!! :cool:

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,715  
Works that way in all blue states even CA, I escaped from there in 85 and bailed from NC in 2007.
And I escaped uglyrado in 2014... I'll never reside in a blue state again!! Or one with snow!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,716  
One thing which was obvious in the time I spent there... NYC and the surrounding areas really had a lot of say over what the rest of the state did.
It's the same way in Oregon . . . 2 cities have the say over the whole state.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,717  
I managed to get another project done today. I'm going to cut the slabwood that comes off my BSM into my "self-unloading" trailer, here it is getting loaded off the end of my splitter,

IMG-3077-S.jpg

Problem is, this 50's era trailer has taken a beating over the years, and you can see in this pict. it's getting some holes in the sides,

Resized-20210514-134925-7553-S.jpg

Well, last summer I was rotary cutting a big field on an industrial site, and there was a sheet of tin laying in my way, so thinking I may need it someday, I threw it in the back of my PU, AND today was that day!

So, I took my side grinder with a cutoff wheel and split the sheet down the middle, as that made it just the right size to bolt on the side of my trailer,

Resized-20220727-151739-S.jpg

No it isn't "pretty", but I couldn't care less about THAT, I'm not into show, I'm into GO! lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,718  
I managed to get another project done today. I'm going to cut the slabwood that comes off my BSM into my "self-unloading" trailer, here it is getting loaded off the end of my splitter,

IMG-3077-S.jpg

Problem is, this 50's era trailer has taken a beating over the years, and you can see in this pict. it's getting some holes in the sides,

Resized-20210514-134925-7553-S.jpg

Well, last summer I was rotary cutting a big field on an industrial site, and there was a sheet of tin laying in my way, so thinking I may need it someday, I threw it in the back of my PU, AND today was that day!

So, I took my side grinder with a cutoff wheel and split the sheet down the middle, as that made it just the right size to bolt on the side of my trailer,

Resized-20220727-151739-S.jpg

No it isn't "pretty", but I couldn't care less about THAT, I'm not into show, I'm into GO! lol

SR
That is a manure spreader yes?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,719  
Without getting into political preferences, just simply stating a fact. We are typically a Democratic state because the majority of the 7 or 8 million people in NYC who vote, vote Democratic. The rest of the state only has 11 million or so residents. So to be Republican, all the voters would have to vote that way to cancel out NYC. I am sure this happens in other states too, just stating a fact, don't go gettin' all riled up here...
Exact same thing happens to conservatives in Ontario Canada.
Toronto rules by numbers.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,720  
Getting back to tractors and wood... This weekend I'll take my bush hog off and put the winch back on. I need to start sawing out some lumber to finish my tractor shed.