Suggest a grass collection system?

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
Anyone have any suggestions on a grass collection system for the B2650 with a 60 inch deck.

I would like one that is PTO driven and made to where you can empty from the driver's seat if possible.

I found one from Terra King but it looks like they have been bought by agri-fab so i'm not sure where to buy or if it even fits. There is also the Kubota one of course.

I need it to collect only grass no leaves.

Thanks for the help!

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #2  
I have a Kubota factory standard bagging rig on my BX2200. I would guess it probably fits your 2650 or could be made to fit. It is PTO driven and very, very well designed and built. Not cheap. I think I paid $1200 for it a decade ago. I do not think you will foind anything practical that empties from the driver's seat. Mine uses 3 large bags which are interchangeable and easy to dump.

/ Suggest a grass collection system?
is Terra King still around? I don’t see a place to buy or even get a price.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #4  
Anyone have any suggestions on a grass collection system for the B2650 with a 60 inch deck.

I would like one that is PTO driven and made to where you can empty from the driver's seat if possible.

I found one from Terra King but it looks like they have been bought by agri-fab so i'm not sure where to buy or if it even fits. There is also the Kubota one of course.

I need it to collect only grass no leaves.

Thanks for the help!
Why? Just plug off the discharge to cause it to mulch. My Ryobi ZT 48v came with a plug for the discharge. Immediately removed that silly chute and put the plug on.

That does not work from what i have read. You would have to do more than simply block off the discharge the deck itself needs inserts to work. Kubota makes no such thing.

In your cause they were properly already installed.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #6  
Best way to mulch is to block discharge and use 2 crossed blades. This is what our Honda gas mower has and is what the Ryobi 21 inch 40v mower has. The new Ryobi ZT battery machines have cross cut blades.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #7  
That does not work from what i have read. You would have to do more than simply block off the discharge the deck itself needs inserts to work. Kubota makes no such thing.

In your cause they were properly already installed.
Agreed.

Even with a true mulching mower, one cannot use such unless mowing frequently such that little grass is cut above set level.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #10  
Yes it’s old. 20 years+? Looks little used and stored in dry with very little rust or wear. Cost was just a little more than a used vacuum Agri trailer. This will be my first flail mower try out.
Couple of manufacturers make similar flail mowers. ~$8K+ mainly for golf courses and parks. Like the maneuverability without a trailer. See used ones come to market. Guess some farmers cut greens for animals. Beware of used golf course equipment damage from fertilizer contact.

We treat our farm more and more like a park. Our piece of paradise. Feel like caged animals looking out thru the fence at times.