Brake line flaring tool?

/ Brake line flaring tool? #51  
Is this the Eastwood on-vehicle tool your mentioning?

31244_infographic_contents_500x425.jpg
It looks like it.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #52  
Those nicop flares really do look terrible. I'm guessing the tool doesn't play well with that metal. But when just need to get something done quickly, i'd rather find a commonly available tool to work on a commonly available metal than **** around with trying to figure out something new (to me). I haven't done any nicop or CuNi or anything other than steel, but i was considering it for a repair ive been putting off for a long time and need to get around to. I guess this thread is just telling me to research the most appropriate tool for those types of line if i decide to use those metals.

/ Brake line flaring tool?
It looks like it.

Yeah, that's the exact tool I bought and used for this job, except it's re-branded as the Titan 51535.

So yes, I did get those results using the eastwood on-vehicle tool... I'm thinking it was the Ni-Cop and not so much the actual tool though since it worked perfectly on steel line every time I used it

/ Brake line flaring tool? #54  
Yeah, that's the exact tool I bought and used for this job, except it's re-branded as the Titan 51535.

So yes, I did get those results using the eastwood on-vehicle tool... I'm thinking it was the Ni-Cop and not so much the actual tool though since it worked perfectly on steel line every time I used it

I have never used "Ni-cop" for anything, so can't comment on experience, always steel or CuNi. My limited knowledge of metallurgy tells me that nickel as the main alloy is going to make the tubing less malleable.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #55  
Brake lines are generic. Either double bubble or single bubble. Cheapy tools won't grip the lines.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #56  
Look up JEGS or PAW, performance automotive wholesale. I don't know what JEGS stands for. But both are top notch.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #57  
Yeah I might go that route if this ends up not working...

I bought a prefabbed line from O'Reilly's (BH2201317A) but the thread on one of the ends of the line is incorrect even though the O'Reilly's website says it fit's a 2012 Ram 2500 4x4. Went to put it on yesterday and only 1 fitting was correct, so I figured I'd cut it off, put the old fitting on the new line and re-flare it... which didn't work out due to the el cheapo flare tool (which is being returned today)

I wouldn't mind having extra line and a good working flare tool in the shop so next time anything like this happens I can fix it and not have to make a run to the store or wait for parts to come in
I buy the pre made lengths and couplers to go with them.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #58  
Buy my brake line in bulk rolls always and always Ni-Cop. Much cheaper and don't corrode either and is easy to bend-form and flare.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #59  
SE Michigan huh? So am I. You can borrow my flare tools if you want to...
No issue. You'd cream your pants if you walked in my shop. I have more machine tools and hand tool than I'll ever need.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #60  
Inline flaring tool is the answer , I recently purchased one , I have 3 old style flare tools , want to buy one ?

Another tip , only use NICOP tubing and never look back . E careful on imposters , magnet will not stick to NICOP , it will stick to copper coated line .