Brake line flaring tool?

/ Brake line flaring tool? #51  

Bob Rooks

Elite Member
47.6445° N, 122.6949° W (In Washington state)
Tractor
Dozer, Excavator, Skid steer, Dual Dozer, Hydraulic flail mower, Rotary trail cutter, DIY debris blower, 6X4 Gator, 450 ATV
Is this the Eastwood on-vehicle tool your mentioning?

31244_infographic_contents_500x425.jpg
It looks like it.

/ Brake line flaring tool? #52  

Vigo327

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Those nicop flares really do look terrible. I'm guessing the tool doesn't play well with that metal. But when just need to get something done quickly, i'd rather find a commonly available tool to work on a commonly available metal than **** around with trying to figure out something new (to me). I haven't done any nicop or CuNi or anything other than steel, but i was considering it for a repair ive been putting off for a long time and need to get around to. I guess this thread is just telling me to research the most appropriate tool for those types of line if i decide to use those metals.

/ Brake line flaring tool?
OP
blee03

blee03

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
It looks like it.

Yeah, that's the exact tool I bought and used for this job, except it's re-branded as the Titan 51535.

So yes, I did get those results using the eastwood on-vehicle tool... I'm thinking it was the Ni-Cop and not so much the actual tool though since it worked perfectly on steel line every time I used it

/ Brake line flaring tool? #54  

Bob Rooks

Elite Member
47.6445° N, 122.6949° W (In Washington state)
Tractor
Dozer, Excavator, Skid steer, Dual Dozer, Hydraulic flail mower, Rotary trail cutter, DIY debris blower, 6X4 Gator, 450 ATV
Yeah, that's the exact tool I bought and used for this job, except it's re-branded as the Titan 51535.

So yes, I did get those results using the eastwood on-vehicle tool... I'm thinking it was the Ni-Cop and not so much the actual tool though since it worked perfectly on steel line every time I used it

I have never used "Ni-cop" for anything, so can't comment on experience, always steel or CuNi. My limited knowledge of metallurgy tells me that nickel as the main alloy is going to make the tubing less malleable.