Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,311  
The Chestnut clean up patrol at work

IMG_1070.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,312  
58F and cloudy @ 17:30, chances of rain 70%. High here today was 74.7F and apparently that was just before, dropped off dramatically after the cold front came through.

I was just out mowing the front lawn, light rain chased me in. Got probably 2/3rds of it done.

Have been working over at the barn last several days. Lots of clean up done on the outside and got slope set/corrected on all the surface drains (hopefully) and got them backfilled with screened clay, except for the one spot where I still have to do a pipe repair in the second picture:

IMG_2012 copy.jpg

IMG_2013 copy.jpg

Still have quite a ways to go as far as adding more material though to bring things up to final grade.

Also got this one downspout connection somewhat sorted out:

IMG_2014 copy.jpg

Had to use a Fernco flexible coupling to connect the one leg that isn't connected in the picture above. I consider that less than ideal as eventually I'd like to put in a concrete apron around the building. But as a temporary solution it should be fine, at least to keep the water from around the building and until I can figure out if there is a plastic fitting near the angle required to connect the two pipes.

About to head back out and see if I can at least get the front finished up.

Hope everyone is having a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,313  
56F more blue sky than clouds and windy,45F over night.

Welcome autumn. (y):cool::giggle:

Good soaking rain all morning into afternoon,around 3:30pm dark clouds roll in high winds heavy rains with hail :eek:tomorrow will good pickup load of hard pack for wash out on the driveway. :rolleyes:

Decided to rehang the shed doors after 37 years from weather elements.

No plans for evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,314  
Told the boss today I’m a short timer. Didn’t give official notice yet, but the plan is 2 weeks. Still waiting on notice from the new gig. Hope this works out.
I’ve been really stressed the last few days, think it’s everything going on with buying land, shopping for car, upcoming job change etc.

Busy at work today, so busy I decided to take tomorrow off. Thinking about going down to take another look at the lot in VA, but wife wants to stay home and keep an eye on the cat. Don’t think I’ll go by myself.

Was surprised to see rain at lunch time, but when I left work was sunny and breezy.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,315  
Hope everything works out BEF

/ Good morning!!!! #156,316  
Hope everything works out BEF

Thanks, wife said she will go tomorrow so we will go see the lot again. Got drone batteries charged this time. Want to see a couple of the corners.

Pole barn estimate 30x40x12 almost $40k, another $10k for concrete.
A 10x20 ft shed runs about $13k delivered.

I could probably build that size shed for under $3k.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,317  
Thanks, wife said she will go tomorrow so we will go see the lot again. Got drone batteries charged this time. Want to see a couple of the corners.

Pole barn estimate 30x40x12 almost $40k, another $10k for concrete.
A 10x20 ft shed runs about $13k delivered.

I could probably build that size shed for under $3k.
Don't bet too much on that I had to pick up two sheets of 3/4 plywood today for my kitchen remodel,
AC plywood 3/4" $63.95 each. A quick $128 down.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,318  
Our daughter did well at the United Nations Assembly meeting yesterday in NY. The assistant secretary was very complementary of her and her teams support for the meetings. She (assistant secretary) was raised on a farm in the midwest and our daughter was taking care of our goats and milking them until going off for college. Similar farm backgrounds help them form a bond together that builds trust. Today she meets with Mrs Zelinski at the Ukrainian museum in NY to get recognized for her work on exposing Russian war crimes.
On the home front I managed to get the last elusive groundhog sent off to another world. My preferred method is the use of smoke bombs and after that use of a trap. But this one would steal the bait without tripping the trap. Shooting it with the 243 is not an option since my eye surgery and using left handed is awkward for me. But ran across it while out on the Zero Turn and it could not outrun it. No more groundhogs for the time being
shredded meat ?

/ Good morning!!!! #156,319  
Nice work rswyan

/ Good morning!!!! #156,320  
One of the sides were strips of fresh, locally grown jackfruit.
How was it prepared. We can buy the large jackfruit locally at the grocery store's produce dept. I have only used the canned jackfruit as pulled pork.