JD2305 IAN flood

/ JD2305 IAN flood #1  

Wvanatti

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 (2010)
Team,

My 2010- JD2305 was in my little barn during Hurricane Ian a couple weeks ago here in Orlando. It was completely under water. Once it was dried out for a week. Oil and hydraulic fluid checked, no water in it.
I attempted to start. Once the preheat an two orange lights clicked on the dash, I tried. Nothing. So I put a battery charger on for a few hours. Got it started, mowed for several hours. Few days later, same thing.

What I finally realized after checking with a meter is the battery is good. So what I do is try to start the first time, nothing. Turn key off then quickly try an starts every time.
Only does it when cold. After ran for a while, starts right up. Anyone have any idea where to look ? It’s like a fuel solenoid is stuck.
Thanks for any info on my baby.
Bill V.

Last edited:
   / JD2305 IAN flood
IMG_5572.JPG

/ JD2305 IAN flood #3  

Could be due to corrosion starting somewhere in the electrical system. I would disconnect all connections and inspect. Could also be intermittent safety switch malfunction.

You also mentioned hydraulic fluid being fine. Just wondered if you made sure engine oil was fine as well..??

Please keep us posted.

/ JD2305 IAN flood
Thanks for the advice. Yes. Eng oil was fine. I had a jd gator an gas Casado golf cart that weren’t so lucky. Eng flush. Tanks vacuumed an carb rebuilt in both brought back to life.
My 48 Farmall cub drowned. Real pain to change both drive gear oils

As for the 2305, great call. I have non dielectric grease. I’ll pull cannon plugs, clean an ensure dry. Now that you say it, I’m betting water is in them. Thanks again.

Last edited:
   / JD2305 IAN flood #5  
if you tried to start it and nothing.... its not a fuel solenoid, has nothing to do with starting/cranking. look at the starter system first

/ JD2305 IAN flood
Ok. Thanks. Just wasn’t sure. When I turn the key on the first attempt it just clicks, let pressure off the key an hit again- starts. Just dumb luck that I figured this out. Starts first time after running for awhile. Only takes the second attempt when engine is cool ( live in Florida, so not below 70’s yet). Usually after sitting a couple hours.

/ JD2305 IAN flood
Thought I would come back and let anyone that reads this post. The issue fixed itself. I’m guessing the moisture that was causing it finally dried out, thanks

/ JD2305 IAN flood
I love it when they fix them selves.

Yeah, kept delaying looking at it. Had loader on moving brush from the storm. I had started it several times. Then was like oh. It doesn’t do it anymore. One less thing on the to do list.

/ JD2305 IAN flood #10  
What happened with the Farmall? I'm just north of you but on high ground.