Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #31  
I've had a lot of Toyotas, but I dunno if I want to buy the brand anymore. My last Toyota, a Sienna, the dealer wanted 3K to fix the A/C and wanted 2K to change the water pump. The tech manual for changing the water pump started with "remove engine from body". Not my idea of competent engineering.

My father's Prius cost over 2K to fix the A/C.

The first time you take a Prius to a mechanic other than a dealer ......... you find out why you take them to a dealer. I don't mind changing fluids/filters and doing maintenance but I don't want to do intensive repairs. I just don't enjoy it anymore.
This is pretty much all cars. They're designed to simplify assembly, not repairs. The main reason I got out of auto repair 3 years ago.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #32  
RK is just a TYM with different color paint. You should get a TYM instead. If there is no TYM dealer around you, I would not get one. RKs service has not received great reviews.
RK service in my area is almost non existent from people I've talked to. It's a shame, they are nice tractors.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #33  
This is pretty much all cars. They're designed to simplify assembly, not repairs. The main reason I got out of auto repair 3 years ago.
That was part of the reason my dad quit his job as a Ford mechanic also, but in his case it was ?20? Years ago.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #34  
RK service in my area is almost non existent from people I've talked to. It's a shame, they are nice tractors.
The way I've heard it is the RK support is very spotty. Some have great mechanics and service, most are not so good. Here's hoping that either a) they have good ones near OP or b) that TYM dealer moves nearby.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #35  
That was part of the reason my dad quit his job as a Ford mechanic also, but in his case it was ?20? Years ago.
He was smarter than me. It's funny, a lot of guys complained about fuel injection when it started switching over but I liked it. Unfortunately, it's the emissions nonsense that was the problem.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #36  
Well We Need a picture of the new 55HP RK tractor with cab

New machinery sure is Nice to have and about now sure wish I had a cab on a tractor.

TBN rules- Pictures or it didn't happen

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #37  
The way I've heard it is the RK support is very spotty. Some have great mechanics and service, most are not so good. Here's hoping that either a) they have good ones near OP or b) that TYM dealer moves nearby.

Maybe it won't need anything ever... it's possible; tractors are pretty reliable. We've had half a dozen over the years and very seldom any repairs of any kind.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #38  
Maybe it won't need anything ever... it's possible; tractors are pretty reliable. We've had half a dozen over the years and very seldom any repairs of any kind.
Based on your need a commercial TLB used might be best route. these machines go anywhere from 15-100k usd used depending on size / horsepower. I have 35 hp LS with BH it’s effective but does not have same power as commercial backhoe does. But I don’t need commercial BH since I am doing light jobs only. Your work description yields need of commercial BH. The forum can help you with brand and size yes Case makes stellar unit. So does Deere, New Holland, Cat, JCB (is cost effective). When work is done you can re- sell unit then buy 40-50 hp compact tractor for your Farm needs.Wish you the best on your RV park, that can be rewarding. Since there are more RV’s than places to stay with them.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #39  
Used Case 580

This^^^^

You can do anything with one of them, then sell when you’re done and probably get what you paid for it. Time & time again, I see good people spend more on a new small machine only to outgrow it and sell it for a bigger one.

/ Need advice on buying best value on small loader/backhoe #40  
I try to peak back in service when I'm in a RK just out of curiosity, there's usually never anyone back there. Lots of equipment though. Maybe they work night shift. I have always heard around tow that they are desperate for mechanics. I applied a couple winters ago and never heard from them after the interview. I've been told the manager that interviewed me, wasn't there long.

It's a strange place. I'm assuming it's run on a shoestring budget.