Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #21  
Never saw any appeal in any sub-compact. I honesty don't know why they're as popular as they seem to be. Very poor value, when compared to any regular cat.1 CUT.
Sub compacts are for suburbanites with excess funds that want to play the part but in reality don't have a clue. My Kubota dealer sells a ton of them and most never get many hours on them and certainly don't get maintained properly either.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #22  
Well, when I was shopping I could have bought a sub-compact as pictured above with loader, bucket, AND backhoe for less money than a 40 HP compact tractor. So I'm not sure there isn't value there.

The question is, will a sub-compact get real work done? That was what changed my mind at the last minute. I couldn't picture a sub-compact dragging a 5 foot box blade full of gravel uphill.
Well since I don’t think any of them are rated for a 5’ box that seems like kind of a dumb argument.

The subcompact will do anything a bigger tractor will, just not at the same pace. Weight tells you how much work you can do in a bite and HP tells you how fast you can do it. With a light small HP tractor you have to take small bites and time, you can still dig a 20 acre pond or now 1,000 acres a year it’s just gonna take a looong time and you’ll likely wear out the tractor…but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #23  
Sub compacts are for suburbanites with excess funds that want to play the part but in reality don't have a clue. My Kubota dealer sells a ton of them and most never get many hours on them and certainly don't get maintained properly either.

The only use I could see is getting into really tight spots where you need lift assist around the farm. Definitely a limited use case for real work, but hey if I had an acre you can bet I would at least have a SCUT!

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #24  
Well since I don’t think any of them are rated for a 5’ box that seems like kind of a dumb argument.

The subcompact will do anything a bigger tractor will, just not at the same pace. Weight tells you how much work you can do in a bite and HP tells you how fast you can do it. With a light small HP tractor you have to take small bites and time, you can still dig a 20 acre pond or now 1,000 acres a year it’s just gonna take a looong time and you’ll likely wear out the tractor…but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
What does a sub compact weight? 1,800 lbs? The laws of physics dictate that a 3,000 lb. tractor is going to pull a box blade better than an 1,800 lb. tractor. That was my point. It's not about HP. It's about the size of the machine for me.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #25  
I think people that don't see the value in a SCUT are trying to picture using it on their property and for their purposes. What they don't see is the immeasurable capability over a riding lawn mower and a shovel. If you have a 1-3 acre spot, these can do a lot of work. I think if I were to only use my tractor on my property at home, a SCUT would be good. Other than dealing with some pretty large trees from time to time, my tractor is a bit larger for my place.

I hear you and feel much the same. Our tractors are a bit larger than we need at our place now that the hard work is done. Oh, they do OK, and have earned the right to stay for the occasions they are needed - but most of the work we do now is on about a 2 to 4 acre portion between house and creek. A smaller tractor would do plenty of work for us plus being fun to run.

I'd love to have a subcompact version of our larger TLBs - and I bet it could do enough work to justify itself, too. You've got the right idea. Subcompacts shouldn't be compared to a larger tractor; compare instead to a shovel and wheelbarrow.

Now matter how beautiful the paint, a sub or compact wouldn't get to mow, though. No way is my wife going to give up on her self-propelled Honda. She loves that thing. All summer I say, "Not again! Give the grass a break!" and off she goes with a grin.
rScotty

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #26  
Somebody should paint a tractor "Blue Angel" blue with yellow wheels. search

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #28  
MtnViewRanch has one h-ll of a kick azz Mahindra 7520 in blue . There's a story behind that (y)
Cut me I bleed Bota orange .

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #29  
Deere wheels on a New Holland might get you close!
Heavens no. New Holland is much too light in color.
JD yellow would look awful w that blue..
Has to be closer to a navy blue.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #30  
Another vote for Ford blue. 🍻