Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #44  
lI like the color green best but would not buy a JD.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #45  
Never saw any appeal in any sub-compact. I honesty don't know why they're as popular as they seem to be. Very poor value, when compared to any regular cat.1 CUT.
Got any small places?

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #46  
Got any small places?
Not personally, I laid out our landscaping with a larger machine in mind, but you do make a good point. Again, the basis for that statement you quoted is solely on cost versus utility, I'm fully aware that there are some cases where the SCUT is still going to be the best tool for the job, despite its high cost/capability ratio.

Having said that, I do believe that the majority of cases where someone might be running a subcompact, that my little old JD 855 compact (or even the modern JD 2032R compact), could probably do the job. Both have very small footprints and amazingly-tight turning radii, and both still have a standard cat.1 3-point. Surely not in all cases, but again, I was only speaking to their enormous popularity despite the cost.

When these things hit the market, I'd have expected them to fill some small niche in the market, as their pricing was almost boutique in comparison to their size and capabilities. I fully expected most would still choose a small compact with a cat.1 hitch, over an overgrown garden tractor with a then-very uncommon cat.0, but I guess my poor ability to predict demand is why I'm not a billionaire.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #47  
Never saw any appeal in any sub-compact. I honesty don't know why they're as popular as they seem to be. Very poor value, when compared to any regular cat.1 CUT.
I've had a SCUT since before they were called SCUTs. Very valuable in my World. Fills a niche. Currently mows the yard, hauls dirt, blades snow, runs a PTO seeder, all with a light small footprint.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #48  
It just seems like the hoe and FEL are so over sized on the small tractor for the amount of capacity you get out of it. :unsure:
I'll agree with that. My BIL has a JD SCUT w/FEL and hoe. It's a little better than a shovel.

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #49  
Sub compacts are for suburbanites with excess funds that want to play the part but in reality don't have a clue. My Kubota dealer sells a ton of them and most never get many hours on them and certainly don't get maintained properly either.
I must be an exception. My SCUT gets 80-100 hrs p/year. Without going out to the cold shed to look, it has somewhere around 1,300 hrs on it. Serves a very valuable role in my "suburbanite" world. :)

/ Favorite Subcompact Color? 😁 #50  
We mow with ZTR's actually. But then my tractors are way too large to mow the lawns with.
Yep. That's a very common combination. I can't justify the cost of a ZTR to just do one task. That's where a SCUT shines brightly.