How can I hook this up to my tractor

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
I’ve never seen this sort of attaching manner. Do I need to just cut it off and weld on a standard receiver?
It’s attached to a large water container
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2,168
   / How can I hook this up to my tractor #2  
On a drawbar and a pin. If you're running a drawbar off the 3PT and not one hard mounted to the tractor keep in mind the shifting weight and what that tounge may do (specifically if you're going up or down hill).

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #4  
Probably would be a good idea to attach a trailer jack to the frame or make a tongue stand the height of your drawbar as it looks heavy!

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor
I definitely have this planned

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #7  
Do you have a picture of the entire setup? What tractor are you planning on using? Just going off of the tongue no way I would want to use a 3pt draw bar.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #8  
If you use an anti-rotation lock and travel limiters to remove the ability of the 3 point to go up or down,
then it will function similar to a fixed drawbar.
If you want to be able to use the 3 point to make it easier to hitch to then it gets a bit more complicated;
hitch 3.jpg

something like this which has chains to stop the hitch from lifting too far on it's own.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #9  
Or he could just hook it up to the draw bar with a pin, like God intended.

20210327_115155.jpg

I don't have a better "draw bar picture" than this, but OP, it's sitting down between the lower link arms, and currently has a clevis hitch in it. You can extend it out, it's currently pushed in all the way.

I would never hitch even a moderately weighted trailer to my 3 pt. That's what the draw bar is for. Can get one at a tractor supply store if your tractor didn't come with one. Mine didn't come with a draw bar, but I bought one from my selling dealer when I bought the tractor.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #10  
I would never hitch even a moderately weighted trailer to my 3 pt. That's what the draw bar is for.
Yes, I second this motion. A trailer on the 3pt can, for example when going downhill, cause the 3pt to rise up. The 3pt has no downforce on most tractors. You could go unstable with a trailer crowding behind you hitched 2 or 3 feet above ground level.
A real draw bar (not one of those 3pt cross drawbars) is designed to keep the attachment point low, even if the trailer is balanced so that it tries to lift the hitch point. And, if the tractor starts to flip backwards because you're pulling, the draw bar hitch point goes downward, so the lever arm trying to flip the tractor approaches zero length before the tractor falls over backwards.