Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,701  
Sorry your not feeling better Buppies. :(

Indeed you have the finishing touch Phil. (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #162,702  
I plan to visit the tower. We have been discussing a trip up there for over a year now, so now I have the time.
Was supposed to leave for Ohio an hour ago. I’m still waiting. She just came down and said “don’t say anything”. Lol.
I got a load of pellets in while waiting. View attachment 778773
And you did say something under your breath I bet. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #162,703  
34F. We are under an air quality alert. The sun is out but the air looks gray.

The circus came to town yesterday. There must have been 5 or 6 trucks with flashing lights out front. I guess they are getting ready for some road surgery. They painted green lines and yellow lines and blue lines and white lines. They drew arrows and circles and dots. We have yellow and blue flags all over the side of the road. Today there are a bunch of trucks out there. The largest is a vacuum excavator. They have something I have never seen before. It is a little trailer with a traffic light and a lifting arm. I don't know if they replace flagmen?

Good day to all

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #162,704  
Chris, nothing makes me move over more into the ditch than a road painting crew.
that stuff is a bugger to get off your car

Ron, just to make sure....I called Fretz and asked about availability of their Class C rentals.
Newer ones, F450, 7.3, and no rental graphics on outside. They routinely sell them afterwards, I see two used ones for
83 grand. A used rental rv with 43k miles. Probably has all the bugs out of it...
at least their rental is not a bunkhouse but a second fold out couch. Does have overhead bunk, as most do, good place for storage.
I even watched a youtube video on the rental rv. I could do this. Now I need to find out what 2 weeks rental will cost.
And then compare that to cost of train ticket, plus a ton of gas, thankfully regular, and rv campground expenses.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,705  
34F. We are under an air quality alert. The sun is out but the air looks gray.

The circus came to town yesterday. There must have been 5 or 6 trucks with flashing lights out front. I guess they are getting ready for some road surgery. They painted green lines and yellow lines and blue lines and white lines. They drew arrows and circles and dots. We have yellow and blue flags all over the side of the road. Today there are a bunch of trucks out there. The largest is a vacuum excavator. They have something I have never seen before. It is a little trailer with a traffic light and a lifting arm. I don't know if they replace flagmen?

Good day to all

Chris
A flagman should be fairly easy to replace in some cases.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,706  
Good Morning - 39° going to 60° today

Ron - great pic of hawk
Drew - that was a really great thing you did for your old neighbors son...
Buppies - hope you get to feeling better,
Riptides - great pic of inside barn with tin removed, a totally different perspective...

I will be taking tomorrow off, roof repair will start tomorrow from the tree and wind damage we got about a month ago..Guess i'll be doing chores while the roof gets fixed..

Hope everyone has a great day..

Mark

/ Good morning!!!! #162,707  
Chris, nothing makes me move over more into the ditch than a road painting crew.
that stuff is a bugger to get off your car

Ron, just to make sure....I called Fretz and asked about availability of their Class C rentals.
Newer ones, F450, 7.3, and no rental graphics on outside. They routinely sell them afterwards, I see two used ones for
83 grand. A used rental rv with 43k miles. Probably has all the bugs out of it...
at least their rental is not a bunkhouse but a second fold out couch. Does have overhead bunk, as most do, good place for storage.
I even watched a youtube video on the rental rv. I could do this. Now I need to find out what 2 weeks rental will cost.
And then compare that to cost of train ticket, plus a ton of gas, thankfully regular, and rv campground expenses.
Part of the saving is not to have to pay for hotel rooms and be able to cook food and save on restaurants. For a family that will make some sense. But at 300 to 400 dollars a day it may not financially make it a good deal for you

/ Good morning!!!! #162,708  
Simple. Because people only want to pay $9 bucks. Brackets are the worst. I have learned to flat out tell friends that want some kind of bracket, to either find and buy exactly what they need, or I might possibly modify a purchased one.

Question: So at work, on the waterjet cutter, for some reason they installed a water softener/DI system. Our water is so soft, we have to go to Don's neighborhood to get the soap off our backs. The salt has not gone down/dissolved in a year. It is starting to make salt chunks at the plumbing connections.

Do we even need a water softener if it won't consume the salt?

I've been having trouble with my left eye for well over a year. It makes matter. I tried different drops, even Cipro drops that about burned my eye out. I've never had a sty or pink eye in my life. It was bothering me yesterday evening, and this morning there was a swollen bag under my eye about the size of a nickel. I went to the clinic, Doc said possible sty. Prescribed Tobramycin (have tried it before with no success). She said she would refer me to an optometrist. I went up to the front desk to make an optometrist appt, and they said OK, on April 26th. I said I guess I need to find a new optometrist. It actually hurts like a black eye. It kind of itches, but hurts when you touch it.

Work was BUSY! moving company came and moved out 5 machine tools, and moved 1 from downstairs up to the main level. Our big building is kind of a walkout basement format.

Ended up helping a student who's about to graduate, fix a 3 jaw lathe chuck runout problem. Turns out some bum from some time ago, put the A-5 chuck on without cleaning the chips off of the precision ground taper. Grrrrrr. These are the kind of things that would get people ran out of my shops over the years, if I had something to do with it. Yes, it ruined the precision taper. Best we can get it is .003" TIR now. I guess I could program it, and indicate it in, and recut it on the cnc mill. It would probably take 6 hours to get it right. grrrrr.

Bupps, more prayers for you to get better.

All guests have returned home. School started back for my kids. Life back to "normal".

Rip, so glad to hear the news. Prayers.

My Grandparents lived about 13.6 miles from Washington's Crossing. Would love to be there. He worked at Rohm and Haas, probably at the stinky place y'all talked about. They invented either acrylic or polycarbonate IIRC... He was a maintenance machinist. Was in the 4th Armored Division that helped rescue the Battle of the Bulge guys.

RNG, batten the hatches! Get your wetsuit ready and the floatable gold mining digger. Aren't there a lot of people who go gold mining after torrential rains in California gold country?
Kyle,

put tennis ball sized amount of rice in a sock. Tie it off well. Put in microwave for about 45 seconds. Place it against your closed eye with some pressure when cool enough not to burn. Do this several times a day. Prescribed by my eye doc. Worked for me.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,709  
Drew, the lines here mark the underground utilities. Green is sewer, blue is water and yellow is gas. I'm not sure what white is. Maybe where to cut? I'm not sure what the project is.
You sure are right about not getting road paint on your car.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #162,710  
Left for 4F arrive home 9:30pm 11F high today upper 20's clear sky,this time tomorrow old man winter coming to visit. :(

Short work day,this afternoon Dr. appointment afterwards 3 wheel barrow loads wood in basement...Piping hot bowl of chicken noodle soup with oyster cracker floating on top sounds good for lunch today.

Enjoy your day all.