Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #21  
Good posts! I'm ordering the motorcycle brake light switch from Amazon $6 and change. I'll make an extension like Smokey did. I remember seeing that inspiration before. It's hard to press down and touch your toes Kubota :LOL:
Got mine from Digikey. I suppose any petal switch will work however.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
Got mine from Digikey. I suppose any petal switch will work however.
I suppose it will - This is one mod Kubota should adapt. It's too easy to drive off with their weak-ash brake on.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #23  
With the new ones, I wonder if adding it will impact the ECM. They seem to be touchy. you could add one of those idiot alarms instead. Do any tractors today have a warning?

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #24  
I just got in the habit of setting it harder. It's quite obvious if I try to move it with the bake engaged. It happened the last time I was using it.

Kevin

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #25  
The the parking brake on my L2501 is this small lever that has to be pushed forward to engage. When pushed forward, the little red knob on it is completely blocked from my view. So I keep forgetting it is on. But I have just ordered the switch linked by ruffdog and a warning light to install.

Would like to see the bottom part of the lever Smokeydog made for his B26. I'd rather have a more accessible brake lever than the one that came from the factory.

brake lever_cr.jpg

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #26  
The one on my Branson is the hand lever type located down at the floorboard. I despise those the locking foot brake pedal is so much easier.
Both of the tractors I've had used locking foot brakes for parking. The one on my old JD750 worked pretty good, but my Kioti wasn't real well thought out. There's a rod with a handle on it you need to pull up before you press the pedal. Trouble is, most times I need to set it my foot's already on the brake and that doesn't work so well. The handle on the rod tends to come off...I've got it JB welded on, hopefully that keeps it that way. I also had to rig up a return spring on the latch mechanism because sometimes it doesn't release.

On a similar note I've got to come with a reverse indicator light for mine...I'm always forgetting which I'm in when doing loader work. The fwd/reverse lever has a lot of slop in it so I don't think a plunger switch would work...maybe a magnetic one?

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #27  
I need to come up with a 4 wheel drive indicator. I sometimes forget to disconnect the front axle.

Mike

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #28  
The the parking brake on my L2501 is this small lever that has to be pushed forward to engage. When pushed forward, the little red knob on it is completely blocked from my view. So I keep forgetting it is on. But I have just ordered the switch linked by ruffdog and a warning light to install.

Would like to see the bottom part of the lever Smokeydog made for his B26. I'd rather have a more accessible brake lever than the one that came from the factory.

View attachment 781824

The parking brake linkage on the B26 is different from your photo. I simply had to add a piece of flatbar at right angle to the OEM short handle. Not having to bend over to engage while pressing the brake so much easier. Can feel the notches of the ratchet paw easier and set the brake firmer. Better of two modification. Both improve multiple user operation.

There might be a way to bring your lever up and function better.

Lowering the FEL, 3pt, turning wheels and setting parking brake all important on our hillside farm.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #29  
I've always believed that if you are going to set the parking brake, do it so that whatever you are using won't move until you release it. It sounds like that isn't possible on at least some of the tractors mentioned above.

I might also be the only person left in the world who uses the parking brake on my pickup. I only do so on hills.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
With a cable E brake I'm against setting the brake when it is not needed. (on the flats) Somebody scolded me for doing that - they said it's an emergency brake not a parking brake. What are you going to do if if it's all stretched out when you really need it? :oops:
So I stopped setting on the flats.