Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,521  
AD12BD1D-9208-46AA-9CBC-4231E4F9A595.jpeg

Hey, I'm a retired photographer so this interests me. 😉

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,525  
I have never attempted to bake bread until this month. I'm 65.

There was always something I never understood about the Pillsbury commercials, whereby someone would poke Popp'en Fresh in the belly with a finger, and he would laugh.

I never thought it was anything meaningful. It just always seemed kind of strange. And a bit creepy. I had no clue why Popp'en Fresh would think this was funny to be poked in the belly.

But now, that I'm making bread, I get it. You're proofing the rise of the dough. Which is what the ad is trying to say: That it will always work with a Pillsbury product.

I wonder how many other things, just went way over my head. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,526  
I hope he had a couple million to take a 100k hit. Otherwise he has made bad investments.
with the way the S&P dropped if he had about $500,000 he would have lost $100,000. And that is the broadest measure of the stock market.

My largest investment is in S&P 500 index funds. Historically it returns about 10%. It'll recover and so I'm dollar-cost averaging now with more investments.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,527  
Any one with Dyslexia knows that words are confusing if they sound the same.

For the longest time, I connected the words "Guerrilla," and "Gorilla" to mean the same thing in the context of irregular warfare. So, for a very long time, I thought they were talking about how Gorillas did battle in the wild. In the same way one would phrase "wolf pack," as a battle strategy. I still can't shake it off when ever I hear Guerrilla tactics, with out thinking of "Planet of the Apes."

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,528  
The Greek Dance that was in "Zorba the Greek," was not a traditional folk dance. It was made up for the movie in 1964. Its called the Sirtaki Dance. It has no other historical background.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,529  
I hope people find this as interesting as we did, probably because my wife & I born & lived in Virginia all our lives. It's a recording made of a Civil War veteran from Virginia. That's correct, and listen to his words, especially why the War started.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,530  
I have never attempted to bake bread until this month. I'm 65.

There was always something I never understood about the Pillsbury commercials, whereby someone would poke Popp'en Fresh in the belly with a finger, and he would laugh.

I never thought it was anything meaningful. It just always seemed kind of strange. And a bit creepy. I had no clue why Popp'en Fresh would think this was funny to be poked in the belly.

But now, that I'm making bread, I get it. You're proofing the rise of the dough. Which is what the ad is trying to say: That it will always work with a Pillsbury product.

I wonder how many other things, just went way over my head. :)
I just started making my own pizza crust in the past few months. It's pretty satisfying.

I think I'll try bread since you mentioned it. (y)

8AD32922-4ECC-4165-A854-1A4AD58AFA2C.gif