Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,541  
My relatives and my wife's relatives all said they had to hide everything from the Russians when they "liberated" them from the Nazis in WWII. It didn't work. They took everything.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,542  
Not sure where to post this, but man, sometimes it would be fun to be that strong!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,543  
I wonder how many other things, just went way over my head. :)
Re-watch your favorite 1940's cartoons, which you probably saw a dozen times each as re-runs and nearly memorized, if you're a child of the 1970's. You'll be amazed at how much of it went over your 8-year old head, almost to the point of wondering how you could have enjoyed it while missing all of the good jokes.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,544  
Then there's the copy of Mien Kampf that one of my class mates brought to school. It had been liberated from the home of a German officer in France.
I have an Ortgies 7.65mm semi auto that was similarly liberated from a German officer, and brought home by a great uncle of mine in 1945'ish.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,545  
Do you put the Italian seasonings in the dough?

Mine is yeast, sugar in warm water for about 10 minutes, stir in some olive oil, add a couple cups of flour, and some salt. Stir it up into a ball. Flour the countertop and knead it a bit. Then roll it out bigger than the pan.

Oil the pan, sprinkle in some corn meal, lay in the dough, pinch of the edge, prick with a fork and bake for 3-4 minutes. Prick any bubbles. Then add the sauce and toppings. Bake until sides pull away and cheese is brown.

Sauce is tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, garlic powder.
Yes, the italian seasoning and parsely go straight into the dough. I mix all the dry ingredients, (including the italian seasoning), then add warm water and olive oil. Knead in more flour until it's no longer sticky. Then it goes straight onto an oiled pizza stone, rolled out by hand. A light coating of olive oil then the sauce. The sauce is from scratch, (frozen or canned crushed tomatoes, no paste.....), also with a healthy dose of minced garlic and seasonings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. I do not precook the dough. Pizza is every Friday. It's the only meal I'm allowed to repeat more than twice a month. I double batch the dough and the sauce and freeze half for next week.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,546  
Yes, the italian seasoning and parsely go straight into the dough. I mix all the dry ingredients, (including the italian seasoning), then add warm water and olive oil. Knead in more flour until it's no longer sticky. Then it goes straight onto an oiled pizza stone, rolled out by hand. A light coating of olive oil then the sauce. The sauce is from scratch, (frozen or canned crushed tomatoes, no paste.....), also with a healthy dose of minced garlic and seasonings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. I do not precook the dough. Pizza is every Friday. It's the only meal I'm allowed to repeat more than twice a month. I double batch the dough and the sauce and freeze half for next week.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. (y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,547  
Yes, the italian seasoning and parsely go straight into the dough. I mix all the dry ingredients, (including the italian seasoning), then add warm water and olive oil. Knead in more flour until it's no longer sticky. Then it goes straight onto an oiled pizza stone, rolled out by hand.
Curiously, how do you roll out the dough? I've read you're not supposed to use a rolling pin for pizza dough, but that's the only way I can get it to stay stretched out. Never was able to master the trick of tossing it in the air.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,548  
Curiously, how do you roll out the dough? I've read you're not supposed to use a rolling pin for pizza dough, but that's the only way I can get it to stay stretched out. Never was able to master the trick of tossing it in the air.
I have a wide rolling pin and just spread it out to larger than the round pan.
Then I roll it up onto the pin and roll it back over the pan.

My crust has yeast in it, so it rises pretty well, even after kneading and rolling it out.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,549  
87A12B7C-7DBF-4106-A5E5-DED14C5BC199.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,550  
I bought this Zojirushi bread maker...Fantastic but wish I had spent another $22 and got the larger one.
Seems like a lot of money, but a loaf of bread 50c instead of $5...and it's fresh and you know what's in it. 5 minutes to add ingredients, press start.
2023_03_09_15.37.34.jpg
2023_03_09_15.37.58.jpg